I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day. My husband gave me a thoughtful present. We were having a drink at the Hotel Vancouver, when in walked Cindy Crawford (stun-ning), and my husband didn't over react. In fact he didn't react at all. I think that's a very good present. Wasn't that nice of him?
The mysterious, and intriguing, Pink Pantheress has passed on the Happy 101 Award to me. Thank you! I'm supposed to tell everyone 10 things that make me "happy". All about getting to know bloggers, I guess. Now.... I'm not usually an overly happy-go-lucky person, but I will give this a shot. Here we go.
1) Seeing the sunrise from Crab Park in Vancouver. Colours are beautiful, and there is no one around. Peaceful.
4) This screen print, made by my husband as an anniversary gift. My legs look almost exactly like that.
5) This cake. It's the easiest recipe, and the texture is more like a brownie. I have to go and get a piece now. UPDATE: Duta said it was a pity that I didn't include the recipe...and she's right! I've added it now...easy and yum.
grease and line bottom of round cake tin
125 g (1/2 cup) butter - melt in small sauce pan
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
Sift together flour and cocoa. Add sugar, vanilla, 2 eggs (lightly beaten), and milk. Mix together with whisk. Add melted butter and blend with hand mixer until smooth and colour changes to a lighter brown. Pour batter into cake tin and bake for 30-35 mins. To test, use toothpick or bamboo skewer. Should come out clean when completely baked. When cool (if you can let it cool I can't) jazz up with icing sugar. Enjoy.
8) Receiving letters from Rigoberto. Our sponsor child from Honduras, with Plan Canada.
9) The huge amount of donations, by Canadians, to assist Haiti.
10) My friends and family, of course!
Well, that wasn't too difficult. Thanks again Ms. Pink Pantheress! I believe I have to pass this one to a few other bloggers, so I choose...
Robert Edmonds (this should be a good one;)
The Vintage Laundress
Chic Geek Designs