Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jet Lagging, Gently

Slowly getting into the swing of things in Kyneton (Australia). I love it here so much. Such a fantastic country town. Great to just slowing unwind from the frenzy of life back in Vancouver. 

A few quiet images from my first couple of days...

My niece's chicken. I still can't really warm up to chickens. I like taking pics of them, but couldn't quite get into cuddle mode ;) 

Have no idea what kind of bird this is (it's tiny), but it was a pretty cute moment as she nestled back on top of her eggs. 

Curb-side daisies against a corrugated tin fence. Very Australian. 

Heading into Melbourne tomorrow.  Can't wait to check out the alleys!

Hope all is well and festive out there! 

janis







13 comments:

We Heart Home said...

Love that picture with the chicken! So vivid!

Trisha Xx

the southern hostess said...

Stunning photos! I love that tiny nest!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Can we please talk about how BEAUTIFUL that chicken shot is, please? If you've read the new about me section on the blog you will know how much I adore our feathered friends! So sweet! Glad you've arrived safely. x

Amy Walters said...

I love quiet moments and getting away from the business of everyday life. Wishing you the very best vacation, Janis. xo

c and d said...

i love the top nest photo...glad to hear you're enjoying the much needed break. now get some shorts on!! ; )

Rosa @ Flutter Flutter said...

Oh, such pretty pics! I love teeny tiny birds! Have a fabulous time Janis. :)

Jennifer, Decorum said...

Your nesting bird looks like a Willie Wagtail.(Yep I just checked it out on Wikipedia and they have an identical photo to yours) They seem to hop around and waggle their long tail. Lovely pics and hope you have a great stay.

Jennifer xx

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

Those teeny, tiny eggs are the cutest thing I've seen all week! Enjoy your vacay. I'll be waving at you across the South Pacific with a Mai Tai in my hand.

Vintage Home said...

OH my you take the best images!
WE had snow, but it is gone in a blink!
Thinking of you and so happy knowing you are with family and sun!

Birch + Bird said...

Beautiful pics! Can't wait to see more from the land of summer and sunshine :)

Donna said...

Am a transplanted Vancouverite in Sydney... love reading your blog. Wondered if you know about www.thedesignfiles.net? Kyneton is often featured on there. Name is familiar now after reading about it here! I want to visit one day soon... it sounds lovely!

lisaroyhandbags said...

your pics are fantastic! have a wonderful time there - it's always nice to slow down a bit and take in a change of scenery. ps: thanks for the get well wishes xo

Jeane M. said...

Ah wonderful inspirations in here, lovely photos makes me smile. Cute little bird! :) Got my eye on your next posts.