Thursday, December 20, 2012

Melbourne Observations


How are you all? Hope all is well and festive where ever you are!

Have I mentioned how much I love the laneways throughout the cbd of Melbourne? So many great shops, cafes and art. Pretty spectacular. I think it's the best way to get to know this amazing city. Here's a peek at a few we've checked out recently....

Section 8 (pic above and top) is a pretty great place to hang out after a bonkers morning of "festive" shopping. Located in Tattersalls Lane, in Chinatown, they offer a variety of local beers, wine, cocktails and coffee. Love the old shipping container bar, pallets for seating, and metal drums for tables. 



 Centre Place and Degraves Street are two of my favourite laneways. Great little shops and some of the best coffee in the city. Way better than a certain giant chain coffee shop ;) 


Union Lane, off Bourke Street, showcases some pretty great street art. On this particular day, there was some street art "mentoring" going on. Wish more of this was allowed in Vancouver! 

By the way, I did a post all about Kyneton (cute country town) over at Poppytalk the other day. Click here, if you'd like to check it out. 



That's it for today, from Melbourne.   Have a great weekend!

janis





5 comments:

Razmataz said...

If you see anyone that looks like me...say hello...my long lost relatives live in Melbourne.

Happy Christmas to you.

pip lincolne said...

I like this!!!! :) I love Melbs. x

Yelle said...

Such a cute area! We don't have anything like in Florida, totally reminds me of Europe!

Birch + Bird said...

Wow! Makes me want to visit Australia even more, if possible! And yes, BC should be much more open to street art like this...it's beautiful when contained to such a great space!

Danielle Hardy said...

Wow! this is awesome!! you have officially made me jealous ;) enjoy your time there Janice and keep capturing Australia in all of its glory to share with us!

Merry Christmas :)