Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Beautiful Blend


To start off this sunny first day of August, I thought I'd share a very pretty lane way house, that I shot for House and Home magazine. Homeowner, Jo, brought in Joanna, from The Cross, to help her out in this small space. Jo has brought back many beautiful bits from her travels, and wanted some help in mixing them with custom pieces, and mid-century furniture. I love what they came up with...

A custom settee upholstered in contrasting fabrics. Pretty perfect. 

The large lamp, with clear glass base, and acrylic coffee table are great choices for a tiny space. 

I have put in my request, to Jo, for this entire dining set should she tire of it ;) 



I want to move this kitchen right into my home. Loved the grey subway tiles, happy paper lined cupboard, and that Smeg. I'll take it all. 

Last, but not least, the bedroom. Sweet dreams. 

What do you think of Jo's home? Do you like the blend of materials, fabrics, and styles? To see more, pick up the September issue of House and Home magazine. 

Happy August 1st! 

janis
x








11 comments:

Rosa @ Flutter Flutter said...

What a great space! I adore that kitchen... that fridge is divine! :)

Barbara Matson said...

That dining set is fabulous! And the fuschia grasscloth wallpaper - gah!!!!

Razmataz said...

I was just reading my H&H last night and admiring this house. I love that built in bench (concrete top) in her LR, and the fridge just makes me crave something far more interesting than stainless steel.

Vintage Home said...

I will get in line for that gorgeous dining set!..fabulous rooms, delightful home!

Joanna Taccone said...

Love the pictures! My favourite is also the kitchen, the sofas don't look overly comfortable but the place is really nicely put together :)

Lesley Metcalfe said...

The September issue of H&H was packed full of so much delicious eye candy and your photographs really stood out among all that goodness. It was a nice peak into Jo's home, and you showcased it beautifully.

Victoria said...

Inspirational home and photos. My search is on for a similar dining set in the UK...x

Diane by the sea said...

I love the punch that settee gives and adore everything about the kitchen.

Jess Norden said...

Do you have any tips on where to get that beautiful fridge? Was the liner paper used in the cabinets made for something specific? I LOVE this kitchen!

Rebekah said...

That's a Northstar refrigerator. You can look at them here: http://www.elmirastoveworks.com/northstar/refrigerators/models/

Anonymous said...

What type of counter tops are used here? Love the look!