Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Take a real coffee break

Just have to wonder....
Why do some people rush around with take away coffee, take that coffee into change rooms, spill that coffee, leave it there so the next person can come in slip and splash around in it? Why?
Why do some people actually go through a drive-thru to get their coffee? I've never understood this. Could someone explain this to me? Am I missing out on something?
I love coffee. I love cafe culture. We do have a little of that here in Vancouver, but not quite like some cities. Drinking coffee out of paper cups tastes terrible, in my opinion. Take a 15 minute coffee break in a cafe. A real cafe. You know what I mean. You would love it.
I've attached some fun and relaxing coffee breaks of the past.....





4 comments:

robertedmonds said...

I agree! Slow down, relax. Order a coffee, sit down, converse, read a newspaper (not a #$%@ing laptop).

kcn said...

I concur...however, my coffee mug full of Joe is usually consumed here, at home...
MUST start going to coffee shops...

Heather Cameron said...

boy, are you going to love Paris!

kitty said...

i know this one...nightmare. Yep, Europe has it all covered in this department with the relaxing coffee shops. It was amazing to see everyone in Paris sitting at cafes at 9am on workdays sipping on coffees and not rushing with starbucks cups with straws in them!! this reminds of a great quote i heard the other day:
"Hell is other people"--
Jean Paul Sartre