Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Welcome to Pinecone Camp

Where did that name come from, you wonder?  Growing up in beautiful British Columbia my family would go camping, every summer, at Monck Park in Merritt BC. Happy memories.
Bone dry park, a smattering of pine trees, sub-zero Nicola Lake and a carpet of huge pine cones.  Oh and, of course, chipmunks.  The smell of pine is very comforting, and pine cones have to be one of the most perfect designs ever created.  
I work as a photographer, shooting mostly lifestyle and interiors for various magazines.  Love great design and, sometimes, not so great design!  In future posts, I hope to bring you bits of B.C. and beyond, fantastic people doing fantastic things, my own projects and, hopefully, some inspiration.  
Until next time, here is my dream road trip vehicle - an Airstream. It's been parked at a shut down car lot, looking sad and lonely. Am I being too much of a menace to earth by wanting to pull this around the country?   I recycle and and make my own cleaning products.Does that help?


6 comments:

robertedmonds said...

I love Airstreams!!!!!!! Yes, that would definitely be a great way to see the country!!

Heather Cameron said...

You know I want to be on that road trip with you! I'd collect rocks like Lucy did.

Colleen said...

...great moveable home!....

kcn said...

...let's pinch it ;) what the hell would we hitch it too though?

janis nicolay said...

kcn, we'd have to pinch a car too!

Boutique Empire said...

that's my neighbour's, I'm sure he'd notice if it went missing!