Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti Needs Help

I was all ready to do a new post last night but, after watching news reports about the horrendous earthquake in Haiti, I lost interest. I'm sure many of you have been watching the horrible events unfold. The scenes of the aftermath are so heart-wrenching and tragic. No food or water, no way of getting much needed medical attention, and so many people still trapped under piles of rubble. They need help. Please check out these websites and, if you are able to, donate what you can.  Every penny will help!

Update for Canadians: The Canadian Government will match all donations up to $50M, meaning $100M to Haitians!

11 comments:

Elise said...

Yes, I couldn't agree more. It all seems to be taking so very long to arrive in Haiti. I dare say in a few weeks time everyone will have moved on and those poor (literally) people will be left to get on with things again. Why is it this way in the 21st Century ? I'm sure everyone is doing their bit to help - sounds like they need people over there as much as they need money though.

Dragonfly said...

Its so very sad to see. I have been watching the news this morning. Heartbreaking :-(

Chemin des Muguets said...

Jania,

Yes, everything else seems of so little import. We all need to gather together to offer love and comfort to these people and this country. We are all one!

Marjorie

Pooch Morning Glory said...

hi janis

yes, the ripple effect via the internet gets news, good and bad, around the globe so fast. sadly, actual help takes longer as we watch.

it would be difficult to not be affected.

there are some local efforts here, i heard on the london ontario radio station. im going to check it out.

thanks for caring and sharing
~laura

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Janis
The devastation is just beyond imagination. I'm sure everyone is doing their best to get help to them quickly... and as you say... every penny will help!! Take care x Julie

Couture Cookie said...

I'm still shocked... and I agree, every little penny really helps.

Creative Coquette said...

Heart wrenching, don't know how one could not be affected and want to help.

xo-z

Danielle said...

I didnt know the government was doing that. That's great to know! Making my donation tomorrow!

Courtney said...

Thank you for the links. I agree that anything one can donate will help this effort.

kate / tinywarbler said...

it has been so sad and heart wrenching, it makes my chest hurt. i love that the government is matching donations.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i can't stop thinking about it......