Monday, December 20, 2010

Baked - Coconut and Pistachio White Christmas Tarts


I'm off to Australia today! It's been a very busy week and, as usual, I got almost no shopping done. Good thing Melbourne and Kyneton have fantastic shops.

My last post before, well, I'm not quite sure when, is a little tart. A fabulous coconut, pistachio and white chocolate tart. Pretty easy to make and they are perfect for an impromptu tea party!

Coconut and Pistachio White Christmas Tarts - makes about 20

1 cup dessicated coconut
1 egg white
1/4 berry/caster/super fine sugar
6 oz/180g chopped white chocolate
1 tablespoon cream (I used 10% coffee cream)
1/3 cup pistachios, chopped


Preheat oven to 210f/100c. Combine the coconut, egg white, and sugar and mix well. Press two teaspoons of the mixture into a well greased 1 1/2 tablespoon capacity muffin tins to form a miniature tart shell. Use a teaspoon to measure the mixture accurately. Push the mixture down, then make a small dent in the centre. Flatten out the base of the shell and push the mixture up the sides to make a neat tart shell. Cover the tray with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp. Carefully remove from tins and cool on wire racks.



Place the chocolate and cream in a heat proof bowl over simmering water and stir until melted and smooth, then stir in pistachios. Spoon the chocolate mixture into tart shells. Place on tray and refrigerate until chocolate is set. These are impossible to leave alone. Enjoy!


I leave you with a little 1966 Olivia Newton John singing "Christmas Down Under". Funny.


I'll be back within a week, with happenings in Australia. I hope to be able to catch up soon with you lovely bloggers. Take care everyone, and have a happy Christmas!

32 comments:

Fräulein Klein said...

Your tarts looks so delicious! And what a beautiful christmas song!
Hugs,
Yvonne

christine, just bella said...

Those dishes are beyond adorable. Have a fantastic time in Australia!!

Happy Christmas!

brismod said...

That clip was funny. Enjoy your Christmas down under! xx

greenbeenfood said...

Go Olivia!!! x

greenbeenfood said...

oh forgot to mention have a good journey to aust, merry christmas & if you are in bris message me & u never know maybe a christmas cheery drink! Dayle

Jenn said...

Beautiful ... and very yummy looking! Enjoy Australia and have a Merry Christmas! :)

Rebekka Seale said...

That sounds FABULOUS! And I love your blog, adorable.

sarah, flourish design + style said...

Oh enjoy Janis! Safe travels, Merry Christmas to you, xoxo

jan said...

these look simply devine and um - you've been busy - (just catching up on all your wondeful posts)! - i guess i've been busy too!

you're probably in the air as i send this - but when you land, you'll see i said, have a pleasant trip!

Dawn said...

Delicious!
I hope you have a wonderful time- And have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Maria said...

Lovely Janis - I will try and make these on Xmas Eve. Enjoy Oz..the weather is just starting to heat up nicely here in Adelaide :)

koralee said...

These look mighty yummy my friend...sending you blessings of LOVE...JOY...and PEACE for a very special Christmas xoxooxo

AnnaDrai said...

Absolutely Delicious! ;P
Merry Christmas to you :)
Buon Natale from Italy!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Looking awesome! Have a happy last week before Christmastime! xx

lisaroyhandbags said...

these look so cute! I'll have to make some to have over the holidays. Safe travels and have a wonderful Christmas from down under you lucky girl!! I know I'd rather be enjoying some warm sunshine than frigid temps here! xo

Mon Alisa Design said...

I hope you enjoy your time here! x

sunday collector said...

Hi Janis,
Hope your journey over to Oz went well! Let me know if you need any tips from where to go/where to shop - when are you in Manly too? Briar x

shopgirl said...

This recipe looks awesome! Have a great trip downunder and a Merry Christmas to you!

xoxo

BALLET NEWS said...

Beyond YUM !

Happy \Christmas http://wp.me/p124B5-1cJ

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

Yum yum yum! Safe travels and happy holidays!

Flo said...

I wish you a magic Christmas...
Bises,
Flo

Marisa Midori said...

Mmm coconut and pistachio are two of my favourite flavours in baking. Have a wonderful holiday in Australia!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

beautiful photographs

merry christmas, janis
and safe travels, my friend

love,
kary and teddy
xxx

Natasha said...

Those look heavenly! Safe travels and merry christmas!

fatfatsheep said...

You two!!
Enjoy down under, the best place to be!!; )
Merry X mas!

Mn Twins Tickets said...

Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.

Shereen de Rousseau Jewellery said...

Oooooohh those teacups make me mental!!! Those tarts aren't bad looking either.

Leigha said...

This post is very bad for my New Year's Resolution.

Leigha

haider said...

I seriously love this writing and your current web site all in all! That article is very clearly created and also easily understandable. Your Blog theme is awesome as well! Would be great to learn exactly where My partner and i are able acquire it. Please continue to keep up the great job. We need more these web masters such as you online and much less spammers. Fantastic mate!

learn technical analysis

Joshi said...

Hello, Would it be possible to make use of this great write-up on my site? I would naturally backlink back to you. Let me find out what you determine to perform.
Affiliate Marketing Classes

seo services said...

Thanks for this insight. I would have been surprised if this weren?t your position. But the manner in which you described it was to the say the least, ambiguous.


seo services in delhi

Praful Agarwal said...

It is a excellent blog and very attractive too. Nice work!

Thanks & Regards Career Mint