Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Compact and Cute

I hope your week's off to a good start! I'm leaving for Morocco today, and trying to get a few posts ready before I leave. 

First up is Megan Close' tiny, 1950's "bachelor" apartment, which is featured in the current issue of Style At Home.  Megan, who is the marketing and social media wiz at The Cross, has created a space that doesn't feel tiny, with lots of storage and a perfect little bed "nook". I shot this story with Megan and Stephanie Vogler (co-owner of the Cross). Take a peek... 

Megan built the headboard and tucked her bed into what would normally be used for a dining table. 


Her bed nook is separated from the living room by some funktified ikea drawers. I quite love that yellow dipped pillow. 






What do you think of Megan's apartment? Anything catching your eye?

That's it for today! I'll have a few more posts set up while I'm away. Now, I better get packing ;)  

janis



18 comments:

Sheila @sZinteriors said...

Wow, Morocco! Enjoy:-) ...and not only is anything catching my eye - EVERYTHING is catching my eye! What a perfect little space. Love it!

Jennifer Findlay said...

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to see the photos you come home with--exotic.

I love this apartment. It's the perfect chick's city nest.

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

Ooh, Meghan's apartment is adorable! Love all of the bright touches, especially that dipped pillow! Have a wonderful trip Janis...can't wait to see pics :)

Andrea Johnson said...

So cute! What a great space. Love all the colour and wall of mixed prints!

Jan Halvarson said...

How cute is that?

Anonymous said...

i have the exact same mirror except mine is a gold brassy colour. I was thinking of doing matte black but I think the white matte looks much better! such a cute apartment :)

Vintage Home said...

Great job Janis, as always! I love all the VINTAGE touches! pure personality! A great mix of now & then!

Amy Walters said...

Aah...I absolutely love. So beautiful.
I love decorating small spaces...you can have so much fun with them and focus on the details more!
Have a wonderful trip, Janis. ;)

Progressive Home Insurance said...

Excellent information and facts. Only real difficulty I was basically receiving was viewing the pics. No idea exactly why.

homeboundtheheartoflife said...

ohhh Janis, i love everything about her apartment... and i quite jealous: morocco. really? it's so great, have lots of fun. safe trip, xo.

dwellonthese said...

Jealous! Enjoy. I'm sure you'll have lots of great photos!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Such a great space! I love how she separated her bed area from the living room.
I love the shot of the glassware - I see a lot of it here in Dubai. Have an amazing trip! I can't wait to see what treasures you come home with! xo

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Fabulous little place, love it!

And i'm v. jealous about your trip - hope you have a sensational time darl xxx

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Loved the feature. Such a clever use of space! Have a great trip.

AnnaVallance said...

Love the headboard!
Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Jannet said...

I like the way the mirror is dressed. Some people just have a talent for that kind of thing

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

Cute! Proof that even bachelor sized apartment can be functional and adorable.

Tan said...

Yeeeea Morocco! Hope you're having an amazing time and drinking all the moroccan tea you can!