Monday, April 7, 2014

Island Living


Hello everyone! I seemed to have lost March somewhere. If anyone finds it, could you let me know? Seriously, how are we already well into April? Anyone else lose March?

I shot this incredible home, on Pender Island, near Vancouver, with interior designers McCarthy Hinder. It's in the May issue of House and Home magazine. I had serious home envy with this one. The location is breathtaking. Here is just a little taste of it...

Carrie and Tanja setting up for the shoot. 

The living area completely opens up to the front of house and the back deck with a stunning view. 


Many of the rooms feel like you're in a treehouse. I would love to wake up surrounded by those trees. 



What do you think? Could you live here? Would love to know your thoughts. There's so much more in the May issue of House and Home. The kid's rooms are fantastic too. 

Have a great day!
janis











6 comments:

PinkPanthress said...

Glad to have you back, busy Bee! :D

I have to say that this is one of the more distinct home/locations you've shown us.

I don't know how to say it other than, that I like the natural look of it. Lots of wood, natural light & great view of what I could gather.
If I could get some extra area(l?) with this house, I would turn half of it into a veggie patch and it would become an instant fave home.

Have a lovely Week!

emily said...

it would feel like vacation everyday to live there. lovely!

Amy Walters said...

Yes. Me too. I think I've lost the last 3 months! ;)
This home is so beautiful. And all the more so, thanks to your incredible eye and killer camera work. Great job, Janis!

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

I can hardly take how gorgeous this home is! I could stare at those views for weeks, stunning! And yes, March totally passed me by!

lisaroyhandbags said...

So beautiful! There's nothing like a home with a view! :)

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Janis, I could live here!