Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm a little bit country


Well, Kyneton has proved to be a pretty fabulous little town. Love it. No big box anything here, just great independently owned shops, cafes and restaurants. Piper Street is where it's at.

Newly opened Kabinett is owned by Melissa MacFarlane and Frank Moylan, previous owners of the Royal George Hotel in Kyneton. Incredible mix of vintage pieces sourced mostly from Eastern Europe and Australia. I adore this shop. I have my eyes on a vintage map of Australia, and two happy blue enamel light fixtures (not pictured unfortunately).

 
Little Swallow Cafe has quickly become our spot for coffee and delicious breakfasts. Love the decor, so simple.

If you visit Kyneton, and you should, check out no. 2 sweetheart for pretty organic fashion and beauty products (I'm wearing a sweet little bamboo top right now!), Slow Living is a great restaurant that uses local organic produce and meats and makes a fab coffee too.

Have to dash. Off to Tahbilk to sample a few wines today. 


12 comments:

Dragonfly said...

Sounds great - enjoy!!

Jane said...

Hmm thanks for the tip I am a bit embarrassed it takes a Canadian visiting Victoria to point out to me, a Melburnian, all these great places !! xoxo have fun..

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Oh..I LOVE all of this..that darling, simple little cafe...what a dream destination.....

I LOVE all of your blog...so my thing too....

Can't wait for more....

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week....

More later,
Kary

Hopeless Chest said...

I want to LIVE in those pictures.

Courtney said...

Sounds like a dream town! I love those colorful cushions from Kabinett.

mise said...

Wine and shopping: a perfect holiday!

Pinecone Camp said...

This is one cute town. Most stores are closed today, so I can't do my last minute crazy shopping. sob.
Jane, when friends/family visit my town, Vancouver, I'm amazed at what I didn't know about. You live in a lovely state!

Gigi said...

You have mad e me want to visit this little town that I've never even heard of before now! Thanks for the marvelous pictures and text.

Heather Cameron said...

so jealous..I'll just have to keep living through your adventures abroad dear friend.

{little.happy.things} said...

Such a cute town! Thank you for sharing!

DANDELION DAYDREAMER said...

Wow! I really want to step right into those pictures, I love the post boxes! So random and innocent! You have a nice jet setting lifestyle don't you!

c and d said...

i absolutely love your pictures - they seem to capture your words perfectly..*sigh.