Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane


I feel so out of the blogosphere loop! In the freelance world, it can be all or nothing. This week has definitely been an "all" week. Haven't had any time to tend to my blog or read any of yours, unfortunately. Sob. 

We leave for Australia tonight (whoohoo!), and I managed to make myself crazy(ier) by accepting a last minute shoot for House and Home today. Must get shots to them for tomorrow. Good thing our flight is at 11:45pm. Oh, and did I mention that a certain wall, in our kitchen, has been painted three times during the week? It will remain the colour it is now ("cloud 9") until, at least, the end of this year. It's hard to choose a colour sometimes, isn't it. Please someone agree with me.

I have my Christmas cards and tags ready to go. The tags are trimmed in "snow" glitter, and I think I still have some in my eyes. This year all proceeds will benefit the Vancouver Food Bank as well as a couple of local public schools for their "Snowflake Socials". Public schools need more money! They will also be available at the Cross, McBurney Junction, and Little White House.




If anyone knows of some fab new shops or restaurants, in Melbourne, please let me know!
I hope to blog a bit while in Australia...we'll see how it goes. Take care everyone!

14 comments:

Jane said...

My suggestion is to look at Lee's blog Glimpse of Style she has been running it for more than a year and has mostly shops but also some restaurants in it. For me, I would recommend checking out Mo Vida, Cumulus, Bistro Vue for lunch, Giusseppe Arnaldo & Sons at Crown (can't book though), Press Club and or Hellenic Republic (although the latter is a bit far north) and maybe Longrain for Thai. Have fun. Xoxo

Dragonfly said...

So exciting, coming to visit us down under! I live about 2000km from Melbourne, so don't get there visit - you'll love it though. Excellent food, coffee, shopping!! Have a great trip :-)

Dragonfly said...

Me again! Forget to mention the one place I always go to in Melbourne - is Koko Black. Its a Belgian chocolatier??!! with the most delicious chocolates and coffee and hot chocolate etc. Its absolutely to die for!! I'm not sure of the exact address but its right in the city in one of the heritage building malls. You will love it - I guarantee!! Mmmmm - I jealous now!!! Have a great time ;-)

mise said...

Yes, it's sometimes hard to choose a colour! Your cards look super (the birdhouses are so charming), and I hope you have a fun exciting time in Melbourne.

briannelee said...

Have a great trip!!!! Those cards are so cute!

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Have a lovely time in Australia! I've always wanted to go.

I agree with you! Sometimes you know right away what color you want, and other times, well, I tried four shades of brown (and one green) in the library. I thought that would be the easiest color to pick, and it was the hardest, by far.

{little.happy.things} said...

So nice you can go to Australia! Melbourne is a good place, I'd been there long time ago. It's summer there, enjoy it. Have a nice trip!

tara said...

Safe travels!! I love your little tags and cards, lovely lovely images!! blessings, Tara

Courtney said...

I stick with white walls simply because I cannot pick a color! Your cards look great, and Australia sounds like a blast. Happy and safe travels!

Heather said...

Have an amazing trip! I'm jealous!
Cute gift tags...and YES, it is so hard to choose paint colors...you're not alone!

Heather Cameron said...

Sigh. I'm sad. You are not here. You are far far away. You are warm. I am cold.
Your cards are BLOODY cute - you know I love anything you do. So, hazy blue didn't make the cut! Maybe try it on a floor somewhere...
have fun!!!

koralee said...

Your cards turned out amazing...I guess it is off to the Little White House for me. Have an amazing time my lucky friend! xoxoxo

The Haute-Shopper said...

Have a great time in Australia! I haven't been Down Under since 2002, but still have fond memories of it. And how lucky you get to enjoy the Summer ;-)

Those Christmas cards turned out beautifully by the way!

vintage simple said...

The cards are fantastic, the trip to Australia sounds wonderful, and yes - picking paint color can be ridiculously tricky.

I've been known to paint entire rooms two and three times before I got the color "right". I've been known to paint over perfectly lovely colors with other perfectly different lovely colors (that, my dear husband does not understand at all). It's all good.

Have fun on your trip..!
-maria