Friday, February 3, 2012

A D.I.Y. Family for Friday

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you had a great week.


I thought I'd share some pics from a story I shot for Anthology magazine (issue 6). Heather, along with homeowner Mike, did the styling. It was one of the nicest shoots ever. Mike, Ann and their kids, Kaya and Zane, were all so easy to work with.


The "life" lightbox was inspired by the same image, as a poster, from the old 70's show "Three's Company". I love that!


Mike's studio in the back yard. He made the cushions, by the way. Crafty guy.

Kaya and her mom, Ann, made the sweet little mobile. 

This family is all shades of talented. They basically built their home, and have a great eye for putting together antiques, family heirlooms, and their own handmade creations. For the full story (and more pics), check out the new issue of Anthology (the entire issue is fantastic!).


Back soon!
janis

17 comments:

Connie @ Daydream In Color said...

Wonderful pictures! I love their home so much. Beautiful yet cozy. My fave! Such a talented family too.

Vanessa said...

Oh man, just when I thought I was over big letters on walls, I see that big blue "S" and it's love all over again!

hardydanielle said...

Gorgeous! I love the studio- so fun with all the colors and decor!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

brilliant house - love their style. and thanks for the anthology reminder darl, that's one of my faves.

hope you have a lovely weekend xxx

PinkPanthress said...

*whimpers* Such a crafty Family!!!
And HE did the cushions? -That's a real man!
Oh, and of course I do love his studio!

Pefect post for the weekend. I adore your photographs! :)

Have a great Weekend!

kate / tinywarbler said...

wow- that looks like it was an amazing shoot! they seem like such a nice, crafty family. great shots janis.

Lisa said...

Wow, this place is super cool - and your photography is amazing! I especially love the shot with the violin on the wall. Thanks!

tinyparticlesoflight said...

These are truly gorgeous - I sure love Mike's studio!

xo
cortnie

Birch + Bird said...

Ooh, I love this house and your photos are gorgeous! That first blue "S" is pretty spectacular too! Enjoy the sunshine this weekend :)
~Lily

Meesh@idreamofchairs.com said...

You've teased me with a sneak peak of some awesome chairs! Are there more? I guess I need to pick up issue 6 of Anthology to find out! What a treat!

Kitty M said...

Hope you are well Janis.

What an interesting job you have with glimpses into people's lives - I am super nosey! Always peeping through people's windows having a little look at their front rooms when I am out walking the dog :-)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

FAB snaps, Janis! Love that 'S' - hope you had a fab weekend!

Special 'K' said...

Although I do like everthing in its place I could never be a minimalist I love how this place works for me. Adore the trio of chairs. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Vintage Home said...

crushing over the big S! it would be great in my house! hahah...You and Heather are the best...what a fun house to be in & work in! Yeah!
Can't wait to read the whole article!

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

Love that mobile. So much color!!

Allyssa
breakfastatthezemkes.blogspot.com

Helene @ Homebound said...

WOW, what an inspiring home. you captured everything brilliantly. hope you had a great weekend, Janis. xo

The Simply Inspired Home said...

I love this spacea Janis, oh and the antique ironing board is so clever! I could really see myself living there! Great job on creating the feel of the space!