Monday, October 15, 2012

Fresh and Modern for Monday


How was your weekend? I carried on my "technology" break throughout last week. Sometimes I find it absolutely necessary! I feel better now ;)

I shot a very lovely home, as a Christmas story, for House and Home (November issue) and wanted to share some of my favourite bits. Sophie Burke designed the interior for her sister Lucy and her family. The house itself is almost 100 years old, but has a fresh and modern feel going on inside. I'm not focusing on the festive decor, though it's beautiful, as you can see that in the current issue of House and Home!



A calm and pretty ensuite. 

Grey and white for the baby's room. Love the little nook. 

Clean, simple and grey. Perfect spot to bake in. 


I wanted to pinch the wall mounted bedside lamps, linens and that "Granny" pendant, by Pudelskern, as well. 

Do you think you could live in this house? I definitely could. Let me know what you think!

FYI, I shot a "Girl Friday" story for Move Lifestyle, along with The Jealous Curator, featuring actress Brittany Ishibashi. We started out at her trailer, on the set of new show "Emily Owens M.D.", and ended up at English Bay. A perfect Vancouver day. Click here for the story. 


That's it for today! Have a nice Monday. Back soon.
janis






19 comments:

Country Chic said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing how the outside of the home looks! I remember flipping thru my house and home mag this month and coming across the grey kitchen! I love everything grey and have planned to do our new kitchen in this colour just need to decide which tone I will go with!!

PinkPanthress said...

I envy you for the tech-break. ;)

Yes, I know what you mean. I definitely could imagine living in this place.
Though that kithcen stove would have to get out, only Glass-Ceramic Cooktops for me, please! :D
Oh, and that bathtub... perfect!

Have a great start into the Week.

Razmataz said...

I love the stark simplicity of this house...and I loved the H & H magazine this holiday issue...I could live there, but I doubt it would look as fresh when I moved in.

Sandra said...

I saw your story in House and Home and now seeing the exterior I recognize the house - I walk by it every day to and from the girl's school. I've always been curious about the interiors based on, if you can believe it, the lovely font of the "754" house number.

Thanks!

Sheila @sZinteriors said...

I really enjoyed the feature in House & Home - your photos were stunning... But this recap sheds a whole other light on the home. It's gorgeous, from the outside, in! I love it! Thank you for sharing this perspective :-)

mixc said...

Janis, I just picked up the Nov. House & Home yesterday and the photos are beautiful. I don't normally look at holiday this early, but it was so refined and clean that I really just saw the gorgeous house. Congrats!

briannelee said...

I love the Christmas garland on the fireplace. So cute!

elisa said...

one grey kitchen please. my tall girl was admiring a house like that today. good taste so young. xx

Amy Walters said...

I've been taking a bit of a blog break myself Janis! No apologies necessary ;) Glad you're feeling better.

I could so live in this home. The texture and layers are absolutely beautiful. It's cozy and fresh all at the same time - my idea of the perfect home.

Popping over to check out your other shoot! Cheers.

Helene @ Homebound said...

i definitely could live in this house. it is stunning. usually i'm not a fan of grey kitchens but this one is beautiful. thanks for sharing it with us.
{p.s. i'm on a blog break myself, to get the creative juices flowing again ;-) } xo, Helene.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Those dotty walls are beyond fabulous! Love them! :)

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

Oh yes, I could live there. I'm really wanting to jump into that bed right now. So cozy looking! Love all your gorgeous photos here and in H&H!

custom stickers said...

I love white theme because it looks more tidy and bright that any other one. However, it requires more maintenance but looks much cool.

Heather Cameron said...

I could live here. I love this place and love love love how they decorated. The gingerbread house - so perfect and real!
great job

Birch + Bird said...

Welcome back! Hope you're nicely rested up :) I love this house!! I somehow neglected to renew my H&H subscription (better get on that!) and am missing out! Great pics! ~Lily

homestilo said...

Oh I think I could manage living here with no problem. Your images are lovely.

lisaroyhandbags said...

Tech breaks are great! What an awesome home! I love how bright and fresh it feels and that spotty wallpaper is so cute. Those windows are so pretty when the walls and trim are all white. Great shots :)

k8kre8s said...

love your capturing of my friends' house! what a nice surprise to see lucy & rob's place on a blog i follow regularly. i could live there for sure, i'd move into oliver's nook! ;)

lyndsay said...

janis, love these photos... so serene and full of light. super loving the light grey throughout, too ! i love grey in my house also! the polka dot wallpaper in the nursery is kind of perfect.