Friday, November 16, 2012

A Little Neon for Friday


I'm a fan of neon. I wish I could step into a time machine, and see what Vancouver looked like 50 years ago. Full of neon. If you're in Vancouver, and wondering what to do this weekend in side-ways rain, pop by the Museum of Vancouver and check out "Neon Vancouver/Ugly Vancouver", a permanent exhibit.  The M.O.V. still seems to be the best kept secret in this city. ;)

I took this picture on a chilly evening, while on a search for neon.By the way, Dayton is a Vancouver company that calls itself "stubbornly Canadian since 1946".  Love that, and I love those boots.

Have a great weekend!
janis

6 comments:

Carola said...

je, Montevideo also had a lot of neon when I was a child, city of ligth!
We are having guacamole with fried fish, street food made at home for a lucky friday :)
kiss

Carola

PinkPanthress said...

I have a special connection with Neon, years ago a flickering Neon Sign was the only thing that kept me awake, at 4 o'clock in the morning, at my job as a Barista in a Coffe shop. :D

Thank you, a lovely and relaxing weekend to you, too!

Vintage Home said...

Thank you ...I can always count on you to turn me towards a truly wonderful Vancouver site!

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

That sign is such a landmark for me! I've seen it my whole life every time I head from my hood into Vancouver. Love it.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

i'm a big fan too - one of my great dreams is to find a stunning vintage piece one day for the house, then i can admire it long time! xxx

Amy Walters said...

What a fun picture Janis!! I better add this museum to my "list" of things to-do! It's growing, so I better get out their soon!