Monday, January 7, 2013

"Spruce" Up for Monday


Happy first Monday of the year! I hope 2013 is off to a good start for all.

In late November, I had the pleasure of shooting Spruce Collective for the February issue of House and Home magazine (out now). The Spruce girls had to completely de-Christmas their shop so to make it look a little more like "February". Sorry about that Spruce girls, but I appreciated it!


The Workshop is where they hold craft workshops and it's also available for private crafting parties. Such a great idea! The back part of the workshop is where "Trove" sets up shop. All kinds of vintage goodness for rent, and you can even book the space for photo shoots. I will keep that in mind ;) 


Spruce Collective is owned by 5 very talented woman that banded together to create a shop filled with vintage finds, locally made products, books, etc. The perfect place to gift shop. It's located in Abbotsford BC, about an hour out of Vancouver. See you there? 

Have a great day! 
janis
x











17 comments:

Elissa said...

LOVE Spruce Collective! Beautiful pictures!!

Caroline @trend-daily said...

What a wonderful looking place-thanks so much for sharing! Love your blog:-) caroline

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

Spruce Collective is such a fun shop. I could spend hours there perusing every detail. It's been a few months, I think I need to go back soon!

dahlhaus said...

I keep meaning to go and haven't... yet! Looks so lovely and inviting!

barbara@hodge:podge said...

I love this shop too! Had fun in November visiting Lily and her gang! I came away with some vintage goodies!

Jane said...

oooh. would love to go shopping there.... if only i lived a little closer! Jx

elisa said...

yes please! x

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Oh, how I would LOVE to shop here. Your snaps perfectly capture the creative vibe! Happy New Year, friend! :) x

Nat @ dear little house said...

So many lovely things!

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

Oh my goodness...I must be the last person in Canada to get their issue! Waiting anxiously to get my paws on it! Thank you ever so much for shooting the shop Janis and the pics look amazing, as per usual! Hope to see you very soon :)
~Lily

kevi said...

The pictures look gorgeous! Thank you so much Janis! Can't wait to see it in print :).

Sheila @sZinteriors said...

Beautiful images, Janis! I haven't had the chance to see Spruce up close and personal yet, but it's at the top of my list next time I'm over from the Island!

Lauren Kolyn said...

this looks like a wonderful little shop!

lisaroyhandbags said...

oh my gosh! I would have a blast rummaging around there! LOVE those wire light fixtures!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday and wishing you an awesome 2013! xo

Simply Inspired Design said...

I still need to get out to this beautiful Shop! Great for you to give them that shout out Janis.

Must apologize, google hasn't let me comment on your blog.. Hope this works!

Happy New year.

Jodi

Tan said...

Wow this place looks stunning! Next time we're visiting my husbands grandma in Chilliwack we're taking a detour!

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

so i have their shop up in my browser now and am happily perusing through their wares. thanks for the intro Janis, i love the idea of having a craft workshop - that's awesome to learn about!

looks like a true treasure trove, i could spend countless moments in there for sure :) great insp, their lighting choice is something i'm especially fond of. and those darling feather quills in teeny cups against the turquoise looks amazing with the feed sack stool. LOVE LOVE!!!

see you there most def. ♥