Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seven Things
























A very big thank you to these lovely bloggers for passing along the "Stylish Blogger" award to me.
These women have beautiful blogs, so be sure to check them out.
White Cabana
Nesting the Journal
A Home in the Making


In order to accept this award, I must do the following:

• Link back to the blogger that awarded you. Check
• Share 7 things about myself, kind of scary, but done.
• Award a few more bloggers out there, and let them know. Done and done.

Seven things about me (I'll try to make this painless!):

1. My husband calls me the "eccentric queen of impracticality". This is not a good thing.
2. I can't seem to stop watching Young and the Restless. A deeply guilty pleasure. Damn that Victor!
3. I'm a bird nerd. I love seeing a variety of birds hanging out in our back yard.
4. Writing about myself makes me a little uncomfortable, to tell you the truth.
5. I make almost all my own house cleaning products. It's cheap, easy, non-toxic and smells great.
6. I have a new sponsor child through Plancanada. Her name is Nadjiba and she's 10 years old.
7. I love a good refund policy. It's crucial for someone like me. See #1.

I'm passing the Stylish Blogger award to the following pretty blogs:
Nest
The Diversion Project
The Southern Hostess
Eat Live Shop
Flourish Design + Style

I hope you all have a lovely rest of the weekend! Back soon.

janis

13 comments:

Kerry said...

Congrats on your award! I love your list, especially No 1 :) Can you share some of your cleaning recipes one day?

PinkPanthress said...

Loving all the 7 Facts!
#5 makes my Eco heart all happy & #4 is something I absolutely do understand. :D

P.S.: Congrats on the Award!

mise said...

I'd be deeply honoured to be called the eccentric queen of impracticality, and I think eccentricity does come through in your photos - you're not a rose and cupcake woman, but something edgier and more unusual.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

now that is an awesome title, hope your hubby gets a badge made for you one day : )

i love your work, and thanks so much for nominating TDP!

julesxx

Shereen de Rousseau Jewellery said...

Congrats! Your blog is beautiful just like you.

Dawn said...

Congratulations...and thanks for sharing your 7 facts!

Tereasa Surratt said...

i love all of your postings!- i just had time to sit down and explore. so lovely! you have inspired me :) thank you.

jan said...

Fun facts Janis!

i can't even wrap my head around number one at the moment. and well - you know how I feel about victor! yes - i agree you must share your cleaning product recipes - and rather coincidentally i found out today you can clean your toilet with kool-aid. did you know? apparantly it's the citric acid. (i'm going to try cherry).

: )

congrats on the awards!

Jordana @ White Cabana said...

a good refund policy. i'm down with that! congrats again on your beautiful blog.
-Jordana

kate / tinywarbler said...

yay for the awards! i'm with you on a few of these, a good refund policy is gold!! (and yeah, victor is terrible.)

Pinecone Camp said...

Cherry kool-aid? Never heard of that, Jan, but I'm going to try it for sure!
Unfortunately, I can be quite impractical...oh well, it's a new year!

shopgirl said...

Always love your food photos when you bake and cook!

Thanks Janis! p.s. congrats on your award!

clippingimages said...

Thanks to share your nice blog.............


havenlife@rocketmail.com