Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shopping in Kyneton


I've been going through my pics of our trip, and thought I'd share some great new shops and cafes in Kyneton, Victoria. Such a pretty place. Nothing but rainbows! Really. I still can't believe how many great shops and restaurants are packed into this very small town. I could live in any of these shops.

Prunella is a beautiful flower and gift shop. We bought a piece of the lovely pottery and an olive tree for my in-laws. Caris and Vanessa, the owners, make a talented duo!



The Vintage Yard Sale is a brand new shop on Piper Street. Lots of collectibles, and some fantastic re-worked furniture. Their mid-century pieces are almost free compared to the cost of that particular style here in Vancouver. What's up Vancouver?


We went to Steam Mill Cafe pretty much every day. I loved their avocado and dukkah (an Egyptian spice) and their scones and Devonshire cream.




While away, I did a post for Poppytalk about another amazing shop in Kyneton called StockRoom. Click here for the story. You'll want to move right on in!

Have a lovely day! Back soon.

janis
x

21 comments:

koralee said...

Your images are always so lovely....have missed the last few baking days..off to check them out. xoxo

jackie kersh said...

looks awesome.

Jenny Schouten Short said...

Want to see more of your trip. These photos are fun! xo

'odd and old' Linda Dacey said...

so much blue sky; lovely images. lille has a distinct lack of one off quirky delight shops; i miss them and wish i'd been with you for this little trip. it is so great that individuals put it out there standing up bravely against the chains. hoorah...

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Thanks for the round up! Looks like you had a great time!

Thea said...

I've heard a lot about this town. Your blog is lovely and your post really makes me want to visit soon!

the southern hostess said...

Such cool shops! What a pretty town.

Pinecone said...

It looks wonderful...especially the shops!
Ashlyn

jan said...

Looks like some great shops!

Rocio Rincon said...

Looks fun!!!

kate / tinywarbler said...

um, those shops are seriosuly cute. i'm dying for that sailor painting!
that cafe looks so inviting too.
welcome home!

LAURA!!! said...

Well that looks like fun!

Marcus Design said...

Wow, these are lovely places! I must make it out there one day. Your images are gorgeous.
Nancy xo

Natasha said...

Kyneton looks like my kind of town with all the quaint shops and cafés. Your photos are beautiful as always :)
Natasha xo

lisaroyhandbags said...

what a quaint town filled with awesome shops! your pics are great. I love the feel of the Steam Mill Cafe - it feels like it's in someone's garage. Popped over to your post about Stockroom and I have to say it's one of the coolest places I've seen. I'd love to sling coffee out of that Winnebagel :)

Jane @ the girl in the brick house said...

What a fab selection of shops and I truly love your first picture with the rainbow - very nice!

sunday collector said...

The rainbow photo is magical!

briannelee said...

Love all of those stores!!!!

sarah, flourish design + style said...

Janis you tell the most wondeful stories with your photos.. beautiful. x

BALLET NEWS said...

beautiful !!

m.e (Cathie) said...

ohh my, that place looks amazing!
love those drawers and the filing cabinets!
if I had a dream place to own as a business it would be like that.

happy week Janis