Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baked


Happy hump day! It is Wednesday, isn't it? I'm a bit thrown off this week. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my last post about Palm Springs - it was quite the adventure.

If you've been reading my blog for a bit, you may have noticed that I do like a good cracker. Any kind, really. Today I offer up rice crackers with wasabi and nori. The wasabi just gives them an extra kick, and who doesn't like that?

Rice Crackers with Wasabi & Nori - makes about 24-30

3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup brown rice, cooked
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon wasabi - either from a tube or powder (I used the powder-follow instructions.)
1/4 cup chopped/crushed nori (sheets of dried seaweed)
1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey

Preheat oven to 350f/180c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place rice flour, rice, wasabi, and oil in a food processor and process until finely ground. Slowly add the water while processor is running. Mix until a ball of dough forms. Transfer to your work surface and knead in the nori until well combined.



Roll into small balls, the size of a marble, and place between two pieces of wax paper. I used a small baking pan to flatten ball. You want to make sure you flatten the dough very thinly. 



Place on baking sheet and bake for about 5-6 minutes, then flip over with a thin spatula. Bake for another 6-8 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and turn oven off. Mix tamari and honey together, then brush onto each cracker. Place in turned off oven for another 4 minutes, allowing them to dry. Allow to cool on a wire rack. These are pretty addictive - enjoy!

Have a great day. Back soon!
janis

10 comments:

Mary Hudson said...

I would never have thought to make something like this at home — and they look so good!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

now that looks like a much healthier and yummier option than the bog standard variety! xx

hardydanielle said...

Yummy!! I love wasabi! A must try :)

Jan | Poppytalk said...

wow i would love these with my mid day latte. i have been eating wasbi peas everyday with it, love that combo for some reason. must try! seriously.

Melissa said...

Those look and sound delicous.

elisa said...

you smart woman. these are brilliant! my children are always after other people's rice crackers. i love these recipes for things i only think of buying.

PinkPanthress said...

Wasabi & Nori... two of my asian faves.
These sound very delicious!

So am going to tweet this one! :D

tinyparticlesoflight said...

These look amazing! (and kind of addicting) ;)

xo
cortnie

Vintage Home said...

wow...sounds like a snack even I could make!

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

You have mad skills!!! Seriously, I'm in awe. Oh, and can I just say that Jason and I are so excited about your party idea comment... I went out and bought gluten free donuts last night!!