Monday, July 30, 2012

Baked


I feel like I haven't baked for ages. Still thinking about Maui and, in particular, a little road side stop along the road to Hana that sold coconut pineapple bread. Thought I'd make some, but added mashed bananas to the combo (I had some really dodgy bananas kicking around). Very simple recipe, especially since I didn't hassle with a fresh pineapple, just opened a can instead ;) Wrapped them up for a picnic and that was that!

Coconut Pineapple Banana Bread - makes 6 mini loaves or one large loaf.


1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup coconut flakes, and a little extra for sprinkling on top

Preheat oven to 350f/180c. Spray a little vegetable oil into each pan, line with parchment paper, and set aside.



With an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, coconut milk and mashed banana in a medium size bowl. In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly add to the banana mixture. Fold in the coconut and pineapple. Spoon into pans and top with coconut. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until skewer, inserted in centre, comes out clean. Allow to cool a little on a wire rack, then enjoy!


Have a good day!
janis

12 comments:

PinkPanthress said...

As soon as I saw the first image I knew someone's still with one foot in Hawai'i.

Aw, and that outcome... those mini loaves look so ├╝ber-sweet! :3
*yum*

Shelly { @ Quiet Luxury } said...

YUM, these are soo cute. I bet they're delicious.

xx
Quiet Luxury

La La's Land said...

Funny, I seem to be craving coconut lately. I can't wait to try this recipe. Mmmmmm Maui.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

The perfect summer bake, I'd say! :)

Helene @ Homebound said...

oh Janis,
this looks amazing. i would need one righ now... just perfect for a busy day.

Renee (eatliveshop.com) said...

Wow yum! So many delish flavours all in one perfect loaf :)

Amy Walters said...

Can't get over how fantastic a porp stylist you are Janis. You're truly gifted.
Coconut and pinapple wrapped up into one delicious loaf. Where do I sign up?!

Courtney said...

This looks absolutely delicious. I will have to try it.

Lovely photos, too!

Jan Halvarson said...

sounds so delicious! never heard of that combo!

barbara@hodge:podge said...

Ok, I am so making this. It is Hawaii in a loaf pan! Yum!

Lynda said...

Oh, Hana! We were there last January and stayed in Hana and don't remember this bread. Lots of great banana bread though. But I will try this. Sound Yummy!

Melissa Kojima said...

I'm salivating. What a great combination for a sweet bread. I love that they're mini and you could give them to your friends and family as little yummy gifts!