Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lemonade for Wednesday


How's your week going, so far? I've been trying wrap things up before we leave for Maui this weekend. Can't wait.
I thought today would be a good day to share a little funktified (made up word) lemonade with you. This is a snippet of a story I shot for BC Home and Garden, and it's on the cover of their current issue. With the help of Arthur Wynne and Nick Devine (who came up with the recipes) of El Camino's and The Cascade Room, Felice, Heather and I put together a grown-up lemonade story. So, so, delicious.  Check out the July/August issue for more recipes....I've given you one of them.

Rosemary Honey Lemonade, The "Nick Faldo", New Orleans Lemonade.

Pineapple and Basil Lemonade. The chicken is one of Heather's brood. 

Limonada Caliente with 100% agave tequila (this was our favourite!)
fill an empty wine bottle with still water, de-seed and slice a whole jalapeno, drop it in the bottle, seal and leave in fridge for at least 24 hours.
in a cocktail shaker:
add 1oz fresh pressed lemon juice,
add 1oz simple syrup (boil 1/2 water to 1/2 sugar, leave to cool)
add 4oz of your jalapeno water,
add ice and shake vigorously,
fine strain into tall ice filled glass.
to make this alcoholic, add an ounce or two of 100% agave tequila.

If you try out any of these, let me know which one is your fave.

Have a happy Wednesday!

janis



14 comments:

Melissa Marie Head said...

Wow those all sounds beyond good! I am going to have to try to make a few for my next gathering (or maybe even just for me!). Not sure I can pick a fav.

Pinecone Camp said...

If you can get your hands on the magazine, they're all there. You should definitely make them for your next garden party!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Seriously, that shot with the chicken in it made me smile so much. You are super talented, Janis!

Linn @ The Home Project said...

You know, it's hot and I'm thirsty, and looking at refreshing pictures of lemonade isn't helping! Wow, these look great, really have to try some of these variations!

Missing Goat said...

so pretty. I haven't seen this yet. My sweet Lola...she's adorable.
Glad you did this post to remind to go buy the magazine. I can't remember which one we liked the most???

Birch + Bird said...

Yum yum and YUM!!! These all sound delicious and maybe a wee bit dangerous...tequila! Have an amazing time in Maui...can't wait to see pics :)
~Lily

Holly said...

I would love to try the rosemary honey lemonade! What an interesting combo. Your photos are amazing ... practically thirst quenching!

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the cover for BC Home and Garden!

Xx.

Pinecone Camp said...

Will, there were a number of chickens wandering around. This one must have been thirsty.

Linn, if you try them out, let me know!

Missing Goat, it was a fun team effort on that one. Loved it.

Lily, that one was especially good!

Holly, it was pretty tasty. The rosemary wasn't overpowering - just perfect.

PinkPanthress said...

Being a bit of a teetotaler/StraightEdge I won't be able to try these, but... I guess the chicken will do that for me.
;)
Nice, funkified Cover by the way!

Helene @ Homebound said...

Janis, great photos as always. :-) i have to get my hands on the mag. but i already think that the rosemary honey lemonade could be my fave.
and congrats on the cover...

elisa said...

gorgeous. oh, i'll tell my childrens about the rosemary and the basil, they're always making up drinks from lemons and things from the garden. instead of a simple syrup they just use a few drops of stevia - if you're brave you can ask them to make you one!

of course, i will have to spike them with tequila now…

x

Jan Halvarson said...

sounds delicious

Cez said...

yummm love the straws on the last pic!!!!

nestingjournal said...

I love the look of these. Going to have to make one this weekend. so summery!