Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Observations


Monday seems to have popped up rather quickly. Last week had been a full shoot week, so I did a little editing on the weekend, and lounged around at a beautiful park. Quiet and lovely. How was your weekend?

Most of last week, was spent shooting beautiful linens for St. Geneve. There is something to be said for well made linens. I wanted to throw all of mine out, when I got home. It's also pretty great that it's a local company. They make amazing linens, pillows, and duvets. I wanted to pinch a certain silk filled number. It was incredible. 

After a crazy week, it's always nice to hang out at a place like this. Whytecliff Park is about 25 minutes from Vancouver, near Horseshoe Bay. It's a great place for scuba diving too (we used to scuba dive often). If you find yourself in the area, you really should visit. 

That's it for today! Have a nice Monday. 
janis



12 comments:

PinkPanthress said...

Ah, a fresh made bed & with super soft pillows! :)

The Whytecliff Park images are so beautiful... I wish we had so much nature in this place! :(

Are the stone stairs/steps carved out of the natural rocks or artificial?

Tan said...

Wow in my e-mail when I said shooting linens sounded glamorous, those photos certainly confirms my thoughts!

Sandra said...

And I JUST bought new bedding last week - linen in fact. I have gone back and forth about it for a while and took the plunge. Love the cosy bed with clean, new linens...

Holly said...

oooh! Will check out St. Geneve later. Whytecliff Park looks awesome :)

Happy Monday!

Amy Walters said...

What an amazing park Janis! If I ever get to that area...I simply must check it out ;) So happy you found a few quiet moments there to enjoy the weekend. Hope you have a fantastic week.

Nat @ dear little house said...

Oh, I went to that park when I lived in Vancouver for a year, it really is beautiful. There were some seals on the rocks when I was there :)

jenniferdouglas said...

Everything is good now that the sun is here. Beautiful images. We almost went there this weekend, but kept it even lower key and lazed around the yard :)

Wendy said...

That bedding is perefect for summer - love it! You're lucky to have such a great park so close to you... enjoy the week!

briannelee said...

Pretty! I love the flowers in the little bottles.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Whytecliff Park looks so lovely! Have a great week, Janis! :)

Michaela {au naturel design} said...

I love scuba diving. I wish I could go more often. I would love to visit this type of site, with stairs built into the rocks. Looks like an amazing place to just relax.

Meesh@idreamofchairs.com said...

Oh, I just want to dive into that bed and stay all day! Looks SO cozy...