Monday, July 26, 2010

Baked on Monday - Coffee Cake


Good Morning everyone! Hope you all had great weekends.

I'm in a rush this morning, as I have a shoot to go to. Today I offer up Coffee Cake, as it was pretty easy and fast.  For this particular morning, I also call it "breakfast".

Coffee Cake


Batter:
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 melted butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk

Filling:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon melted butter
1/4 chopped walnuts



Preheat oven to 350f/180c.  Grease and flour a 20cm round cake tin.
To make batter, beat eggs until light in colour. Add sugar slowly, one tablespoon at a time, and beat well. Stir in melted butter.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add 1/3 to the batter mix. Continue adding dry ingredients and milk alternately until all ingredients are combined.

For filling, combine brown sugar, sifted flour, cinnamon, melted butter and chopped walnuts.
Pour half the batter in cake tin, then sprinkle half the filling over the top. Pour remaining half of batter on top, followed by the remaining filling. Bake for about 40 minutes. Serve warm!

 It went quite nicely with an iced coffee this morning.

Have a lovely day!

20 comments:

{little.happy.things} said...

Love your Monday baking...and you always have delicious pictures!

mise said...

Sounds good - I like the idea of a cook-in filling so you don't have to mess with it afterwards.

Ms M said...

Lovely Images! xxx Yum!

Megan said...

YUM! I love the photos, especially the last one! :) Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Lady Grey said...

this looks perfect! I'm such a fan of coffee cakes... I'm bookmarking this recipe : )
oxo

Kristen said...

Happy Monday to you! I heart coffee cake and this looks yummy :) Gonna have to try!

Dyche Designs said...

Yum, I'm all about something sweet for breakfast.

the southern hostess said...

That looks like the perfect coffee cake. Yum!

Colleen said...

...Yummy!

lisaroyhandbags said...

mmmm.... breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, snack, snack... : )

koralee said...

Coffee cake ...one of my favs...but then again everything is one of my favs...happy new week..enjoy that SUN!!!!

Christina said...

oh this looks amazingly yummy!
: )

Pooch Morning Glory said...

i was diverted to making a chocolate zucchini cake as i had 3 fairly large zucchini tossed my way. it turned out amazing.
your coffee cake looks fabulous!
~laura

country girl said...

Ohh, yum!

Lavender Playground said...

So yummy =)

soulflower said...

looks very good...i am gonna make this in the fall...when its not so hot and i can take longer walks...

Sofies Haus said...

Wow this looks so great and I love the pictures!!warn regards Anja

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I just found your lovely blog via poppytalk and I'm so pleased I did - I love it! Now following :) Will

c.s. said...

That looks amazing! I need to do more baking... thanks for sharing! :)

le@thirdontheright said...

ohh double yum - count me in ! le xox