Monday, August 23, 2010

Baked on Monday - Chocolate Cupcakes with Cherry Jam
















Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! The power has been off all morning, so I'm just now wrapping up Baked on Monday. Ouch.

These cupcakes were made with my fabulous assistant, Annika, who stayed over for a crafty weekend. You can really use any jam, but this morello cherry jam really tastes incredible with chocolate. Drool.

Chocolate Cupcakes with Cherry Jam - makes 12

3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Icing:
1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon milk

Preheat oven to 350f/180c. You can either lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or use cupcake papers. 

Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Combine all other ingredients in a mixing bowl, then add melted butter. Beat mixture for 2-3 minutes.

Place a good spoonful of batter into each cup, then add about 1 teaspoon of jam. Fill cups with remaining batter, to cover jam. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.  When completely cool, top with chocolate icing. Enjoy!













































































13 comments:

christine said...

These look like some moist and delicious goodies. I love the pattern in the tablecloth too - so sweet!

Lady Grey said...

all I can say is YUM!
(looks like you have a wonderful assistant too!)
oxo

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

yum-o-licious !!!!!

kary and teddy
xxx

the chirpy bird said...

What?! Get outta here with those! Amazing!!!! Just what I feel like with a cuppa tea too!
xo tash

Vintage Home said...

oh my goodness...you have all the best treats!...yummo!
p.s. why was the power out???

the southern hostess said...

I could use one of these today. What a perfect cupcake!

Heavy Petal said...

On the plus side, I discovered your fabulous blog! On the downside, I started a diet today. These cupcakes challenge my willpower.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

perfect!! just what i need for this weekend. my youngest is going to love making these. oh if only they would look quite like your stunning images :)

Christiane said...

Thanks for stopping by on my blog! Trailer park pattern is not a fabric yet, I might make one soon. Mmmh, cherry jam in cupcakes, and I love your photos of letterboxes.

lisaroyhandbags said...

oh wow I am so craving these now and it's 10:30pm! I'll have to give these a try! :)

lauren carney said...

HAY!
your blog is rather fancy!
I enjoy the snap shots and lovely finds!
x o x

Kitty M said...

Ooooh these look super scrummy Janis! I hope you are reaaaaally well and had a great week or two - sorry my visits have been sporadic! I also kept meaning to comment on the fact that you have visited Hawarth in Yorkshire - I can't believe it what a great coincidence - isn't is so lovely! In fact I have a photo of the Black Bull pub I will have to e-mail it to you! xxx

{little.happy.things} said...

Yum Yum!