Monday, March 14, 2011

Baked























How are you all? For those of you that have friends and family in Japan, my heart goes out to you. I hope everyone is safe and sound.

Had a pretty quiet weekend, just a little baking and a little bowling.  This recipe is from Canadian Living, and it's pretty fantastic. You have to try them. A sweet, yet tart, cookie. Perfect combo.

Lime Glazed Coconut Butter Cookies - makes about 36 
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sweetened desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons grated lime rind
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt











Lime Glaze
2 cups icing sugar
2 teaspoons grated lime rind
1/4 cup lime juice

In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until combined. Whisk together flour, coconut, cornstarch, lime rind, baking soda and salt then stir into butter mixture in 2 additions. Divide dough in half and flatten into discs. Wrap each disc and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.































Between floured waxed paper, roll out each disc to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 2 1/2" round cookie cutter, cut out shapes, and re-rolling scraps. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper lined baking sheets, then place in freezer for about 15 minutes, until just firm.
Bake in 350f oven for about 10 minutes, until golden around edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

To make glaze:
In a small bowl, whisk together all three ingredients. Spread about 1 teaspoon over each cookie. Let harden....if you can!




















Take care everyone! Back on Wednesday.
janis

21 comments:

shellie said...

oh yum....i have to wait unil summer when the trees have limes!!!

Dawn said...

LIME! One of my very most favorites:)
Thanks for the recipe:))

sunday collector said...

REALLY bad time to check in on your blog - when I have an afternoon slump and want something sweet. Now I need a lime glazed coconut butter cookie!!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

MMmm, these cookies look delish! And I didn't know that origami is your secret hobby!!! What do you like to make most?

theolivetree said...

Yum!

lisaroyhandbags said...

yum! I always love limey, lemony goodies! And my glaze wouldn't even come close to hardening - they'd be gone way before then! :)

Karena said...

Janis, this sounds so yummy, the lemon and the tartness of the lime. perfect!

Friday night I had a Key Lime Pie for desert that was the best at the Rozelle Court at the Nelson Atkins Museum.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Andrea Johnson said...

Those look delish! I love anything with lime.

Cez said...

omg!!! love those cookies..nice recipe !!! tks for stopping by us!!!!

Fork said...

I loooove that teacup!

Natasha said...

Sounds like a perfect combo yes! I love anything coconut and the added lime, well I will definitely be giving this recipe a try.
Have a great rest of the week!
Natasha

jackie said...

those really cheered me up!! also love the bowling photos. reminds me that i am long overdue for a trip to our local bowling alley.

fatfatsheep said...

Hi Janis,
Thanx for your lovely comments! I have many nice adresses for you when you visit Amsterdam, let me know I will give you an entire list..; )
HAve a great day!
*
Bieb

Michele said...

Oh, yummmm! I think I'm going to have to make some of these! I doubt mine will turn out this well, tho. :)
~Michele
Barkingbirds.etsy.com

Angela Steyn said...

YUMMY, YUMMY, YUM!!!! Oh these look incredible... you are such a clever little miss!

Love Angela

Lady Grey said...

I think I just died and went to heaven! Seriously, these sound AMAZING! I am super excited to try these as soon as I get home from my vacation.
xo

SnOOp said...

Janis seriously you kill me with your yummy recipes and scrupmtious photos... I'm trying to lose weight but so hard when you keep showing me a whole world of YUM

melmerc38 said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this incredibly delish recipe! I made these Tuesday night for a workplace birthday celebration on Wednesday and they were a huge hit! They were the perfect balance of sweet and sour and every cookie just melted in your mouth. This will definitely be a go-to cookie recipe for me.

Pooch Purple Reign said...

ahhh man, i usually try to resist although everything you make sounds amazing. this is crazy tho. this time you got me hehe
~laura x

VICTORIA said...

Good recipes!very educational...i think its a yummy site as well!Great post!thanks for sharing.

Katie Bright said...

Yum! These look delicious!! I have two limes in the fridge...maybe I will have to give this a try!! Xo, Katie