Monday, March 28, 2011

Baked


This weekend I made some very simple lemon poppy seed muffins with my nephews. Actually, they really love lemon and poppy seed, but said they didn't like "muffins" so I told they they were cupcakes. They loved them ;)

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins - makes about 36 mini muffins

2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup plain yogurt
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons lemon rind
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons poppy seeds


Preheat oven to 350f. Butter mini muffin tins or use paper liners.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Blend lemon juice and yogurt in a separate bowl. With an electric mixer, beat butter, lemon rind and sugar in a large bowl until just combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition until mixture is light and fluffy.


Beat in dry ingredients alternately with yogurt mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in poppy seeds. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.



Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until a skewer, inserted in centre, comes out clean. Cool in pans for a few minutes, then remove muffins from pans to a wire rack.


Have a great day! Back on Wednesday.
janis

16 comments:

Sonja said...

mmm. These look delicious. And the photos are gorgeous . I adore your photography!

Karena said...

Oh how yummy!! Will try these Janis!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Monique said...

So yummy I love lemon poppy seed! I once made a lemon poppy seed pound cake with a lemon zest glaze. It was waaay to zest but this looks like a great recipe. I must try this.

shellie said...

arent kids hilarious?

Lady Grey said...

those are adorable, and the perfect size too. So many muffins are made way too big these days.
xo

daniellebenda.com said...

Great recipe! I'll be bakin' these babies up this weekend.

Thanks!

www.daniellebenda.com

Flo said...

It's seem so fine... A small question... Could you put a translator on your blog... Just for I understand every things like it would be...
I want to test this recette... Pleaaaaaaaaaase... ;-) Flo

Meagan, in house nester said...

oh those muffins look so adorable and yummy! will definitely be making this on the weekend! thanks for the great share...
xo
meagan
the row house nest
www.rowhousenest.com

lisaroyhandbags said...

mmmm! I love lemon "cupcakes"! kids just crack me up! :)

the southern hostess said...

So funny about your nephews! You make the most adorable food. These look delicious.

c and d said...

those look delish! you're such a good aunt - i hope your siblings/nieces & nephews know that.

Tereasa Surratt said...

please tell me that all of these lovely photos are going into a book at some point? id love to see all of your posts collected & published into something i can put on my shelves to look at more often. and gift.

Carolyn said...

I've got to try this one. Looks so delicious!

Homeowner Insurance

koralee said...

Looking pretty good my friend....xoxox

Missing Goat said...

my favourite muffin of all!

Janee Lookerse said...

Those look delicious! I can't wait to make some :)

xoxo
Janee
yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com