Monday, September 26, 2011

Baked


Hello new week! My last super busy week for a bit and, I have to admit, I'm looking forward to a wee break. How's your week shaping up?

These cookies help me when I'm glued to my computer. So good. I make them with spelt and whole wheat flour, and they taste just as good as using all purpose flour. My wheat experiment continues ;)

Double Chocolate Macadamia Cookies - makes about 24


1/2 cup whole wheat flour*
1/2 cup spelt flour*
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mixed white and dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
* you can substitute the whole wheat and spelt flours for one cup all purpose. 

Preheat oven to 350f/180c. 
Whisk together the flours and baking soda in a medium bowl. In another bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla, mixing well. Add the flour mixture and mix together well. Add the chocolate pieces and nuts and blend well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Cool on a wire rack, then enjoy!



9 comments:

christine, just bella said...

These look amazing... fresh from the oven melty goodness, mmmmmm. You're killing me ;)

shellie said...

yum indeed it seems to be cooling off here hooray so many things of yours i want to bake!!

jessica {creative index} said...

macadamia nut cookies are my fave!! these look delicious! will have to try soon!

Wendy said...

oh my goodness - i just had to stop and check this out! delish!

Vintage Home said...

Your seed pods are amazing and you should sell those coasters!...so funn!
Glad to see you on sat! Thank you for making the trip!
Yummy Cookies!

Huckleberry Creative said...

these look SO delicious! i love macadamia nuts in cookies!

Karen said...

Trust me...they are delish - had one yesterday!!
k

linda said...

Janis, where did you get your macadamia nuts from? I've wanted to make a similar cookie all summer and looked for them everywhere. Had no luck. Thanks!

Amy - Thank You Cards Shop said...

oh my - these look heavenly. must. do. some. baking! hope things are much more chill this week for you :)