Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Computer Crash and a Good Book


Hope your week is going well so far!

I've had a day of my computer crashing before I've hit "save", while working in my boiling hot office (at home). I had to take a break, before I did something rash, so I poured my coffee into a jar, grabbed a blanket, my new book, and headed to the park. Best thing I've done all day ;)

I wanted to share this fantastic new book by Tereasa Surratt, with you. Tereasa is a creative director at ad agency Ogilvy, and owner, along with her husband, of Camp Wandawega located in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. The entire book is shot at the camp. It's a place I definitely plan to check out very soon!

They purchased the old camp, renovated the crumbling and very old cabins, and filled them with "found, free and flea" objects, spending no more than $150 per room. Amazing.  It's beautifully shot by a load of talented photographers. Here are a few snippets from the book...




This book is filled with inspiring images, tips and hints on navigating flea markets, collecting, and d.i.y's. For more on the multi-talented Ms. Surratt, check out her blog. Click here for a little more info on the book, and a very cute trailer.  


 Back soon!
Janis

17 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it! (The book, not the computer crashes...) Thanks for posting, I love her blog and can't wait to pick up the book. :)

Denise Matthews said...

Love your blog. Made me smile when I first opened it and saw the pictures in the header. I look forward to coming back to visit often!

Briar {Sunday Collector} said...

What a gorgeous book! I especially love the look of the cover.

Rachel from Birch + Bird said...

That book sounds perfect just like your forced break. :)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Ahhhhh, computer crash is no good. I can see why this book took the stress away for a little while, though :)

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

sounds like the best thing to do. computers can be crazy making things at the nest of times, least of all the worst like when they crash! however darl, shouldnt you have taken a G&T instead of a coffee??

that book looks awesome xx

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I need this book - so inspiring!

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

I've seen photos of this amazing camp floating around Pinterest but didn't realize they had a book...looks like a must-have! Hope your computer issues sorted out...that is noooo fun! Good call on the park :)

christine, just bella said...

ohmygosh, I feel your pain. There is nothing worse than a computer crash! Glad to hear you could shrug it off with a day at the park. That book looks beautiful!

lisaroyhandbags said...

I love that you took a swearing moment and turned it into a lovely day at the park. The book looks like fun read and what I like best? that you brought your coffee in a Bonne Maman jam jar xo

tinyparticlesoflight@blogspot.com said...

Park dates with yourself are a must sometimes. :)

xo
cortnie

Jan | Poppytalk said...

oh i love that camp - i did a post on it a bit back - i might have to get that book!

love your coffee jar, blanket, book photo - looks perfect!

and um, i should've went with you - sounds like we were in the same computer crashing vectoid or void or whatever it's called....

p.s. my word verification is "terde"
hahaha - describes my day perfectly

jodi said...

what an awesome idea, I'll have to check out the book! It looks beautiful!

Cez said...

i want that book...sounds so nice!!!!!!
have a sweet weekend...there is a give away on my blog!!!
big hugs

Little Lo Hood said...

thanks so much for the suggestion! that is such a neat idea...i definitely need to check out that book! :) -Lo

Vintage Home said...

oh my htat book sounds & looks wonderful...thanks for the heads up!
Your pictures are wonderful.
Spent Sat @ Monck Park!...Stunning!

kate / tinywarbler said...

yikes! but nice recovery- that book looks great and at the park, even better!