Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baked


I hope you're having a good week! The weekend is just around the corner...

It's been a couple of weeks since I baked, but I had a craving for a banana/peanut butter combo of some sort. My husband isn't huge on peanut butter, as he grew up on Vegemite. PB just wasn't part of his world in Australia. All I know is I've embraced his Vegemite, but he just won't embrace my peanut butter. ;)

Banana Peanut Butter Muffins - makes 12




1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
3/4 cup milk
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)


Preheat oven to 350f/180c. Place a paper liner in each cup, and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In another bowl beat together oil, eggs, peanut butter, milk and banana. Add wet ingredients to the dry mix, and stir to combine. Don't over mix.



Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a skewer, inserted in centre, comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve with a little honey, and enjoy!


If you like this flavour combo, you really should whip these up. Quick and easy, and so good.

I'm off to NYC tomorrow for a shoot with Jen of Made By Girl. Can't wait! I'll try to post while there.

Back soon!
janis











17 comments:

amy walters said...

Oh Janis....I'm totally done for. Bananas and PB are two of my MOST FAVOURITE foods. I can't believe you've managed to wrap them up into one amazing muffin. I will def. be trying this recipe. Mmm.
Have sooooo much fun in NYC with Jen. She seems like such a lovely gal...I'm sure you're both going to have a blast. xo

the southern hostess said...

Peanut butter and banana?! One of my favorite combinations! Have a great time in NYC!

PinkPanthress said...

Never mixed Peanut Butter with anything. Here we only use it as a topping on white bread.

BUT... I bet it must taste heavenly! *nomz*

{ sunday collector } said...

They look sooooo good! I can never resist anything with peanut butter!!

Amanda said...

Growing up in Australia, we had both vegemite and peanut butter. I know some people who like to combine the two- sounds gross if you ask me lol
Your baked series is lovely, Janis.

It's nice to find fellow Vancouverites online. :)

Razmataz said...

Can;t wait to see what you are up to in NY.

I have 3 old bananas on my counter on my counter and Girl Child arriving tomorrow. Now I know what to make!

Birch + Bird said...

Oh yum! If only my kids' school wasn't peanut free...I'll save them for a pro-D day! Have a fabulous time in NYC...can't wait to hear about your trip! Safe travels :)
~Lily

Tan said...

Oh my GOSH! I am making these this weekend! They look delicious. YUM!
Have an amazing time in NY! How fun!

Helene @ Homebound said...

dreamy... that's how these photos look {especially the first}. these muffins would be perfect right now. i don't get your husband, how can you not LOVE this?
have fun in nyc, hope to see photos ;-)

tinyparticlesoflight said...

This looks delectable like always, Janis! Have fun in NYC!

xo
cortnie

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

This would be so fun to make with little ones. A great idea, thanks Janis. xx

Marcus Design said...

Janis, thank you so much for your comment! You have been so amazingly supportive leaving me comments while I have been studying and unable to visit and comment and I thank you so much for that. Have a wonderful trip to NY and stay safe my friend. Please do say hi to Jen and give her a big hug from me, she is such a wonderful person. I know you are going to have an awesome time! Can't wait to hear about it when you are back :)
Nancy xox

Vintage Home said...

Hi Janis...your photography makes the best food!
Seriously great recipe...will be trying it!
Thanks for dropping by & leaving your sweet comment!
See you soon!
p.s. wow NYC have a blast!

Vintage Home said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Violet Boutique said...

These look amazing. Peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best combo's ever - has your husband tried that?! LOL! Definitely going to make these - and probably put a little Nutella on there.

lisaroyhandbags said...

yum yum yum! My favourite combo! I just made a banana bread but next time I'll be making these instead :)

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

Have a fabulous time in NYC Janis! This is the perfect time of year to go!! Can't wait to see your pics. :) Rosa