Monday, April 16, 2012

A Garden Inspired Home

Hope you had a nice weekend - Happy Monday! Actually, it's so late in the day now so happy Tuesday!

Thought I'd share some of the images of a home that I shot, for House and Home, last summer. It's on the cover of the current issue. Designed by Sophie Burke (the interior), for her parents, it's a beautiful home with a stunning garden and amazing views. I've seen a few homes that Sophie has designed, and they're all so different from each other. Love that.  


Designer Sophie Burke






A little instagram outtake of the day. I loved their garden. 






That's it for today! It's been crazy busy the last few weeks....now I've got some serious blog-catching-up to do! Thanks so much for checking in with me. 

Back soon.  
janis










15 comments:

Razmataz said...

I've already been devouring this issue...read the little blurb on you in contributors....fabulous work.

sara said...

It's beautiful...so clean, with pretty pops of color and nature here and there.

Helene @ Homebound said...

it's an amazing space and you captured it just perfectly. their living room is divine with the sitting nook in the window, how i wish for something like that... wow, i could pinpoint everything i love in every photo but i leave it ;-) great work Janis. xx Helene

elisa said...

i love it, such a garden! and cupboards full of crockery always turn my head x

lisaroyhandbags said...

Stunning shoot! That's my kind of home - I could just move right in. And I'd have the best dental hygiene if I had views like that in my bathroom :)

Vintage Home said...

Oh wow!...stunning photography! What great rooms!

Emily (NY, nY) said...

Wow! What a lovely home and BEAUUUUTIFULL photos. Seriously stunning.

Violet Boutique said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures! I love this home. The view from that pedestal sink is pretty amazing!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

what a gorgeous home, has a lovely feel to it. and i'm with you - what a lovely garden! xxx

tinyparticlesoflight said...

Ivy covered walls, bowl of shells, the garden, everything so fresh and white and serene. Beautiful shots!

xo
cortnie

amy walters said...

What a lovely home! Things have been a little crazy for me that I haven't even opened this issue of H&H. Shameful, I know!
I love your instagram shot Janis. xo

AnnaVallance said...

Your photos are awesome! I love that house; it is so cool and inviting.

The Simply Inpsired Home said...

Oh this these spaces are so fresh green and bright! I just want summer to come!

Wonderfully done Janis!

Jodi

le_third said...

loving that kitchen cupboard - just adore! le xox

Danielle Hardy said...

This is soooo gorgeous. Well done Janice. I would expect nothing less :) you are a true talent :) CONGRATS!