Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New York - ICFF


Back from New York with a few blisters, but had a great time despite my shredded feet. Still have some images on my lap top, and won't be able to grab them until my computer is fixed, so for now here are some sights at the ICFF in New York.  This is a fair size list!


Tom Dixon had a "Flash Factory" (debuted in Milan) where "factory workers" assembled Etch, a brass and stainless steel light and candle holder.


I didn't get back to get a shot of their booth but this company, Snow Peak, was one of my favourites at the show. It's been around for decades. Since I love camping, I might just invest in some of the pieces.

Timorous Beasties is a company out of Scotland. You have to check them out.  I love the lamp shades and wallpaper.



I've always loved Deborah Bowness, so it was great to meet her. She was shy, so I didn't force her to be in the pic! Love this wallpaper.

I know, you've seen them a million times, but I will always love Eames chairs. They were showing the new colours. They make me happy. We saw Eames Demetrios, Charles and Ray Eames' grandson, speak at ABC Carpet and Home. Cool guy, but more on him later!

Fun collection of candle holders, lamps, vases and mirrors. The Parrot Party Collection is by Lladro Atelier.

Hand blown glass light fixtures by Caleb Siemon. Beautiful colours.

Kerf Design creates custom cabinets and furniture that can be installed or you can do it yourself. Love the colours they use. They had a cute kitchen set up that had a vintage look. Sorry, don't have a pic of that, but do check out their site.

Hanna Tonek Bonnett is adorable, and so is her work. Her 'saga' vases and tea cups are especially lovely. The vases are textured on the outside, printed on the inside. Click here for more info.

Metropolis is a fabulous publication and so was their "booth". An Airstream. It was a happy site.

I can't find my pics of the Molo booth, so I think they might be on my laptop. Oh well. Their booth was chosen "best booth" at the show. It was incredible. They're a Vancouver based group - yeah! Image from here.


I love Florence Broadhurst. She was a wallpaper designer from Australia and her designs are now in rug form. They are sold through Cadrys an Australian company. If you don't know about Florence, click here. Quite an incredible story.

That's it for now! I'm going to post some more NY pics on Friday. Have a good night!

18 comments:

c and d said...

nice janis! i think that timorous beasties is my favourite..i want that lampshade.
thanks for the visit & coffee this morning!

sarah, flourish design + style said...

Very cool - glad you had a great trip! xx

Heather said...

Ohhh! Sorry I missed you there...it would have been fun to meet! I didn't make it down to the ICFF, I was upstairs at the Surtex Show. Hope you had fun!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great fair. Don't you just love being surrounded by creativity and inspiration!

Vanessa@decor happy said...

Thanks for sharing your photos! I love those hand blown glass pendants.

koralee said...

Oh fun...thanks for sharing..I see a few things I would like as well. Welcome home.

Pretty Little World said...

So fun! It looks like this was a super cool event to check out! I do sometimes wish I lived in or closer to NY to be able to get to things like this.

Glad that you had a good time!

Gwyn said...

Thanks for the info on Florence, recognised her work but never heard her tale... Timorous Beastie rock, great name don't you think? x

PinkPanthress said...

Thnx for all these Links & snapshots, such a goldmine! C:

Loving the hand blown fixtures by Simeon & the furniture by Kerf Design... just think about the amount of books I could put in there! :D

The Zhush said...

Really hope your computer gets fixed soon! That must be awful for you! Your post isn't suffering that's for sure! Looks like the best event, that Scottish lampshade is so innovative and fun, can't wait to see more!

mise said...

Timorous Beasties! Bless them! Humour in Toile!

Courtney said...

Oh this looks like lots of fun! Sorry about your feet though - that's never a good time. Thanks for sharing all of these artists. I can't wait to visit their sites and check them out.

Pooch Morning Glory said...

great show and pics. i dig the blown glass fixtures and the airstream best so far. hope your mac is on the path to a full recovery
~laura x

DUTA said...

Lucky you to be at the Fair and see such lovely things. I like all your pictures , and as for the items displayed, my favourites are the light fixtures.
Have a wonderful weekend!

shari @ little blue deer said...

Oh my gosh that looks so cool! So jealous, what a ball! That sofa and art wallpaper is to DIE for!

kate / tinywarbler said...

oh, so much goodness. i sense a lot of time being spent checking out the links.....
i also love the new colors for the eames chairs. and that cabinet is pretty sweet. i could go on..

{little.happy.things} said...

Love this cabinet designed by Kerf Design! Wish I had one at home!

Poppy said...

All amazing pictures, you are very talented.
Love Poppy
http://poppysperspective.blogspot.com/