Monday, June 21, 2010

Baked on Monday - Chocolate Toffee Brittle



Actually, these were baked on Sunday as I've got a very early morning shoot to get to today. I hope you all had a great weekend!

This cookie (a.k.a. cookie crack) is incredibly easy to bake. The best part is cracking it all apart. My niece stayed over the weekend, so I left the cracking up to her. I picked up this recipe from a bake sale I held, with my pal Heather, for the Vancouver Food Bank.

Chocolate Toffee Brittle - Makes two 10"x15" baking sheets of deliciousness

1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, cold
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
3 cups flour
1 package Skor toffee bits (in the baking section of super market)
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325f.
Combine butter and sugar with fingers. Add vanilla, salt, then flour. Mixture will be crumbly (see picture below). Add skor bits and chocolate chips.




Pat down evenly into ungreased baking sheet with sides or jelly roll pan. Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool and break into pieces. Enjoy (and you will)!!






I discovered it goes really well with ice cream too!

Have a lovely day bloggers!

13 comments:

koralee said...

Why do you do this to me first thing Monday morning...I am so trying to be a good girl this week..went a little crazy with eating on the weekend.
These look amazing!!!1 xoxox

Irene b said...

oh my! I'd eat the pc!

Robe said...

I can attest to the deliciousness of these! Mmmmmmmmmm.

mise said...

I'm always very tempted by your recipes, and now I have two new baking trays too so the universe is in alignent.

Melissa Blake said...

oh, that looks sooooooo delicious!! :)

Lady Grey said...

oh my, that looks incredibly decadent!
And that first picture is amazing : )

the southern hostess said...

A big yum for this.

Mrs. Tanaya said...

you make me wanna try it at home! :)

shopgirl said...

Boy, it really looks yummy with the ice-cream!

p.s. is this a new blog header? because if it is, I like it!

c and d said...

soooooo good. and i love that ice cream bowl! i love your 'baked on mondays' series.

paula said...

oh my, I just adore all your baking goodies.

SPLENDEROSA said...

I've just discovered you via Sarah @ Flourish, now I'm a new follower as well. Wonderful post. Look forward to seeing you often.

Callie Grayson said...

this is a must make!!
xx
callie