Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baked


That's exactly how I feel today after 4 days at Disneyland! It was heaps of fun, but wow I can't believe how exhausting it was at the same time ;) How's everything going for all of you? Hope your week's off to a good start.

With Reese's peanut butter cups on my mind (I pinch them from my nephew's Halloween candy bags), I baked some chocolatey, peanut buttery cookies.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies - makes about 30 cookies (15 sandwiches)

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour for this batch)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
8oz/250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup plain yogurt
Filling:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (I used unsweetened)
4 tablespoons whipping cream

Preheat oven to 350f/180c.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder, add chopped chocolate then set aside. In another bowl, beat the sugar and butter until creamy. Mix the yogurt and egg yolk together, then add to the butter mixture along with the vanilla. Beat until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture until a dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.



Roll into balls, and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, and flatten a little. Bake for about 17-20 minutes, or until a golden colour around edges. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.


To make filling: In a small bowl, beat together all ingredients until light and fluffy. Spread icing on the bottom half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Voila!



Enjoy!

Have a great day. Back soon.
Janis

14 comments:

Meesh said...

The ultimate combo...oh,those little melty chocolatey bits!

jessica {creative index} said...

i love chocolate and peanut butter! these look delish!

shellie said...

that looks delicious....i just got finished making two loaves of bread myself. my first time with out a machine so we will see.

Pooch Purple Reign said...

looks like i picked a good day to pop back in.... they look awesome !!
its been an odd summer in ontario but im back on the island now for another winter... and hopefully a rest.
have a great week
~laura xx

mise said...

The little individual wrappers are exquisite!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Disneyland must be tiring, but fun, right?! Love the paper you wrapped these up in! xx

Razmataz said...

You make it all look so effortless and so delicious....

kate / tinywarbler said...

yum, those look good!
welcome home! it sounds like you had a blast, can't wait to see pics.

c and d said...

welcome back! can't wait to hear about your trip. and these cookies? they look so good.. where is this paper from?

elisa said...

simply gorgeous things. i thought of you as i was baking cupcakes this week! x

tinyparticlesoflight said...

Since I would most likely eat ALL of these I better not make them.... ;)

xo
cortnie

lisaroyhandbags said...

yum yum yum! my favourite combo! The paper is adorable xo

le@thirdontheright said...

I think I have said it before but your imagery is just a delight - espec the cooking ones ... I can taste the yumminess from the other side of the world - best le xox

thea said...

kill me now. I SO want these for breakfast!!!

thea.
xx

spoonful