Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Observations (and a couple from Saturday!)

How was your weekend? Hope you had a fun one! I spent a lot of time at the idsWest show, so thought I'd share some of it with you. It's a pretty long list of "observations", but it was a pretty great show, so it was hard to narrow down!

Must have a fatboy, one of these days. So comfortable! 

The fantastic team, Artsy!Dartsy! put together an amazing group of young designers. Pictured top left is ceramic art by Sarah Peloquin-Ladany, bottom left is nuum planter by Lavinia Chu

Inform Interiors is a beautiful modern furniture store located in the Gastown area of Vancouver. Loved those chairs (top left).

The Tom Dixon Pub. I think I need those copper pendant lights. They give off the most flattering light ;)

A very cute scene at the Montauk display.

Rubbish Rehab, from Seattle. This husband and wife team are pretty fantastic upholsterers. Wish I met them before a certain chair re-do. If you have a minute, check out their shop! I have my eye on a few of the mid-century style chairs. Love.

This is Barbara Hulanicki, of Biba fame. I've had a bit of an obsession with her for years, so there was no way I was going to miss her at the idsWest show. If you need a refresher on this incredibly talented and creative woman, click here. You will love her too ;)

Last but not least, a Saturday observation...

It was so nice to be asked to shoot the Design Sponge event last night. Great to meet Grace Bonney and Amy Azzarito. Always fun to hang out with Jan of Poppytalk and Denise Lui of Artsy!Dartsy! too. 

That's it for Sunday! Back soon.
Janis

7 comments:

Marisa Midori said...

Definitely wish I had been in town for the Design Sponge book event! (Also, there is an Anthropologie in Vancouver now?? :D) Thanks for the great idsWest recap! Looks like an awesome weekend!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Thanks for the tour! Looks like a great event - loving those Rubbish Rehab chairs. And of course Fatboys! Mine are now sitting comfortably on my balcony waiting for some cool lounging days. :)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

This all looks like so much fun! Great shots of the d*s event, too!

elisa said...

janis this looks like such fun. i'm awfully fond of inform, hours of longing. x

Razmataz said...

Now that looks like a fun weekend..I love those Louis chairs with the Dwell fabric. I have 2 chairs like that and now have an idea what I want to do with them....

mixc said...

Great photos - love the Montauk pic. I was lured once or twice by the crazy comfort and beauty of those couches! Cool to see that comment wall take life.

Tamara {Delish Mag} said...

A lovely photo post! I didn't make it to anything for IDS West other than the Blend event, but I'm really glad I did make it to that. I got to ogle your blue suede shoes and meet you!

Thanks for your comment on our blog, and right back atcha...