Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Observations


Actually, it's more of a weekend observations kind of thing. I've been working but did manage to fit in a fun letterpress work shop, and a quick bit of shopping. What did you get up to this weekend?

I took part in a letterpress workshop with Kristin Lui of National Press, along with 6 others including my pal Jan, of Poppytalk. Heaps of fun. I hope they offer up another workshop soon (there is so much to learn!).

We had to choose between 3 typefaces, then decide if we wanted to print in gold or black. Luckily, everyone went with gold (or no colour at all) to keep the cleaning to a minimum. 

It took awhile for everyone to work out what they wanted to do, for their cards, and the set up took a bit longer. Once the type was all set up and locked in, it took no time at all to print 20 cards. So much fun.

Voila. I had a card at the end of it all. Thanks Kristin!

I picked up this cute sheep here. The proceeds go to back to Tibetan refugees. I love that. 

That was my weekend, along with some work. I hope you all had a great weekend!

Back soon. 
Janis

10 comments:

Julie said...

so beautiful! this is something that I'd really love to try someday!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Yes.. me too.. I love it.. and love your shots!!!

Sorry I've been so absent.. never really catch up these days.. ciao xxx Julie

Edins House said...

I would have loved this workshop!! And the Christmas cards you made are fantastic!! :-)
Victoria

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

The letterpress workshop looks so fun. Your card is great, Janis! Here's to a brilliant week!

mise said...

What fun! I would love to be let loose on that letterpress paraphernalia.

tinyparticlesoflight said...

What a dream! So awesome. I hope to get to do a workshop like that someday. You card turned out wonderfully.

K, now I'm off to check out those darling sheep!...

xo
cortnie

elisa said...

gorgeous. glorious! i haven't used a letterpress in years, i hope to get a chance to do it again soon. did you know that the cases of letters used to be arranged with capitals above, in the 'upper case'…and small abcdef in the 'lower case'. xx

Robert Edmonds said...

Just my type ; )

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

What fun! I would love to try my hand at letterpress one day and I love your Christmas card...it's almost too good to give away!

Jan | Poppytalk said...

that was fun! your cards are so lovely!