Monday, February 7, 2011

I Love A Parade






















Last week was the busiest week I've had in awhile. I shot a story every day, so my eyes look like they're bleeding. Happy to be working so much, but I was really happy for the weekend to commence. How was your weekends? Did you check your local Chinese New Year festivals, by any chance?

As I've mentioned (many times), I love Chinatown so I had to check out the Chinese New Year parade and festival, even though it was raining. Umbrellas were up, but umbrella etiquette was no where to be found, unfortunately. ;)























Upon receiving the third poke in the eye, by a spectator's umbrella, we headed to the Dr. Sun Yat Sen garden for a little calm.




































Happy New Year! I 'll be back on Wednesday (I know I said that last week too. Sorry!), with a city girl condo.  Until then, I hope you have a great start to the week.
janis

15 comments:

the chirpy bird said...

Yay Happy Chinese New Year! I've been really sick and am finally feeling like myself again!

Hope that this fabulous momentum you've gained continuous to be plentiful but goes a little easier on your eyes :)

xx tash

Razmataz said...

So nice to see mild (albeit rainy) weather somewhere in Canada. I have severe West Coast envy this time of year thinking that your tulips are peeking through and that you can even have a parade in February.

elisa rathje said...

instant homesickness. i use to live round there and i love the celebrations, so beautifully photographed. x

Natasha said...

Happy new year to you too! Such lovely photos. I love Chinatown too, we go often and stock up on all sorts of goodies.
Have a great week, hope it's not too hectic!
Natasha xo

c and d said...

hope your eyes have recovered! good to hear you're so busy. enjoy the sunshine and beautiful photos as always...

shellie said...

How fun...we have all been sick so we missed the one in los angeles....that garden is gorgeous i just finished perusing the website....a good reason to visit vancouver!

gbf... said...

we did brisbane chinatown...it was a very hot steamy day but worth the effort to see the parade! looking forward to seeing the city girl condo. Dayle

lisaroyhandbags said...

Considering the wet weather, your pics are so bright and gorgeous! hope your eyes are no longer bleeding! ; ) No Chinatown celebrations around here - we've had hurricane winds for a week now - great days to order in some Chinese food though! :)

considered design said...

love the shot of Foos Ho Ho (what a great name) Janis, those colours are incredible.

shopgirl said...

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Janis, I just awarded you the trendy blogger award. Come see!
xoxo Rambles with Reese

kate / tinywarbler said...

such pretty shots! thanks for posting, i don't feel bad for not going-it feels like i was there! (minus the eye pokes! ouch!)

christine, just bella said...

Happy New Year! I bet the parade in Vancouver's chinatown is fantastic. Love all the colours.

BALLET NEWS said...

HEAVENLY photographs ! LOVE them all. Genius.

lyndsay said...

Gong Hay Fat Choy! Foo's Ho Ho is such an old establishment... my parents and grandparents have been going there for years and years... love your C-town parade photos!!

^__^

kendal croix. said...

Such fabulously bright colors.