Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Small Space, Fabulous Style


I wanted to share this fantastic space with you. I shot Tamar's apartment, for Style At Home, and I have to say, it's one of my favourites. I could absolutely live here. Tamar Rosenberg, a visual artist and design consultant, has an amazing eye, and her collections and little vignettes are perfect.

Love the needlepoint portrait of Prince Charles, and her collection of red garage sale finds.

A red brick wall with 2 vintage chairs, serve as a fantastic focal point.

I think I need to go and colour code my book shelf. Great grouping of vintage glass on top too!

A very spare and tidy office space. Love that wallpaper. 



Tamar has created a bedroom that is calm and inviting, with a great mix of mid century furniture, and a happy collection of ornaments. I want that chair.

A simple, clean, and modern bathroom. 

A tiny, but well organized kitchen. I would love that portrait. Who is that man? 

I find Tamar's home so inspiring. It's amazing what she's done with just 725 sq ft. What do you like about her home? Let me know!


Back soon! Have a great day.
janis






18 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I usually find small spaces the most inspiring so I love this post. I think it's because I live in small apartment!

lesley [smidgebox] said...

gorgeous! i loved this feature in SAH and it's super nice to see the extra pics! love it :)

Razmataz said...

She has done it very well. I think the way she put those 2 chairs in front of the brick wall was very clever. As was her stacking of the book spines by color. She uses very simple ways to make a big statement.

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Have I mentioned you have the coolest job in the world??

the southern hostess said...

So clean and modern, but completely homey. That wallpaper is incredible!

Sonja said...

That IS a great space! I love it! and your photos turned out so beautifuly! Yeah colour coding bookshelves is very tempting after seeing photos like these.

Jan | Poppytalk said...

Love the kitchen (that portrait) is perfect! Great little peek, thanks!

Erin said...

Love the space. Clean and white and bright, but with so much color and warmth too. Beautiful photos as always. :)

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

Gorgeous! What a fabulous small space...I am loving that portrait in the kitchen!

mise said...

It's a lovely place, with a great use of colour for unity and emphasis.

Kerry said...

That is a very beautiful home, just perfect. And I think the portrait may be Lord Kitchener, which would make that the very best spot in the house for him :)

elisa rathje said...

the portraits are so fun. my dear friends from bee & hornet made the folk art pillow on the bed i think, i once made a site for them. you might like julie's work, janis, http://juliemorstad.com - we're just renovating her site. there was once another convincing bookshelf like this, in blueprint, i've organized my shelves this way ever since. after all, when i think of the book it is always the colour of it, i can never recall the title! great pictures janis. i agree, you do such wonderful work, i'd love to follow you around some more! x

christine, just bella said...

I can't believe this place is only 725 sq ft! It looks way bigger. Such a great space.

jacjewelry said...

I just found your blog and love it! I adore her apartment - and think 725 square feet is big. :) That's about as big as our apartment, and by NYC standards, it's huge. I'd love to move in!

meesh@idreamofchairs said...

Fabulous photos as always!
Lord Kitchener in the kitchen, hilarious!...and that's the shiniest floor I have ever seen! Glorious!

Gillian Northcott said...

Hi Janis,

love your blog too. Good choice being married to an Aussie man.

http://esaniblogg.blogspot.com

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

yep, Lord Kitchener. awesome touch to any kitchen!

v.cool house all round though. love the vintage.xx

PinkPanthress said...

I adore that floor in the first image!
Either you cheated there with some PS-CS magic or she's got the most amazingly, shiny, rich-coloured floor I have ever seen! ;)

And what I love most about her place? That bathroom!
So. Do. Want. It. Myself.!