Friday, September 18, 2009

Almost Fall


It's been pretty busy since I returned from my shoot in the Kootneys, now it's the weekend. Looking forward to sleeping in.

The other night, I checked out the Comrags trunk show in Gastown.  Comrags is a Canadian fashion label - beautiful clothes.  I went with my friend Nikki, and we actually behaved ourselves. I've been to these kinds of shows before. On one occasion, I woke up the next morning to find a cute little shopping bag containing a very tiny dress, a few plastic wine glasses, and a pencil with the name of the new shop on it, beside my bed.  My memory was a bit hazy, so I gave the dress a go but I couldn't get it past my shoulders.  Let's just say the refund policy wasn't good.  This episode was the on set of my post purchase doubt syndrome (P.P.D.S.). I never drink at these things now.   I would love the following two frocks though.


Well, as we head into a beautiful weekend, I leave you with a shot of a rusty, vintage bicycle I saw while having a day in the country with my friends Heather and Midge (a.k.a. Lily).
Have a lovely weekend!


8 comments:

Heather Cameron said...

How fetching you would be in either of those outfits!!! I love the bike shot, it was fun yesterday.

Pinecone Camp said...

Well thank you Heather! I can't tell you how much I want those frocks - and they fit too. Should I?

mise said...

PPDS:I think I've suffered from that all my life (fitting rooms are so oddly lit) but never thought to label it so succinctly - is there a cure?

Pinecone Camp said...

Well, for starters I suggest not drinking while at a trunk show. Oh, and never go shopping with PMS. You can't imagine what I've come home with. Maybe it's just me.

jan said...

I love No. 19 and those little socks - you would look so cute in any of those. Me, no legs, no little socks.

Yes I have gone shopping with PMS; really not a good idea. Drinking and PMS together; yes that would be a really really bad idea for me.

: )

Margie Oomen said...

i have a weakness for acorns and pinecones
love your blog, name and contents
here via jan (poppytalk)

Pinecone Camp said...

Thanks Margie. I'm happy you found my blog!
Pinecones are pretty much my favourite thing.....along with maple syrup.

Pinecone Camp said...

Margie, I've been trying to contact you....give me your details!