Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Menu Tasting at Habit

Last night, the chef and owners of Habit (I'm related to a number of them) had a menu tasting. Modern Canadian food is how they describe the menu. Lots of wine and fantastic food, made for a bit of a sleep in this morning.  I took a few shots, then decided I should put the camera down and just eat and drink.
Habit reopens this Sunday - finally.  Rob, my husband, has been busy creating artwork for the walls as well as a paper mache deer head.  It's all looking great, but I'll be happy when it's done and we're not tripping over piles of orange tissue paper, and tubes of acrylics!  
See you at Habit!

Salt Cod Cakes


Lamb and Pork meatloaf


Veggie Shepherd's Pie


Buck the deer head

9 comments:

Robe said...

Sooooooo glad it's almost there!!!!

mise said...

The food looks utterly delicious. Good luck to Habit (from a former restaurant-owner who knows how hectic it all is).

kcn said...

The food looks amazing and I can't wait to see Buck on his mount...
Great photos...kcn

Heather Cameron said...

Hey, can I get one of those deer heads! You know I love orange! Wait, I just realized there won't be perogies on the menu any more. This is very bad news. I'm terrible sad now. Oh, well, I'm over it now. I'll find a new favourite I'm sure! Yummmmm.
loooove all the images - please keep them coming.

Pinecone Camp said...

Heather, the perogies are still on the menu. As for the deer head, I don't think Rob wants to make one again. Ever.

Mise, restaurant life can be very hectic, with late nights, but can be heaps of fun too. No? Happy to hear you can relate!

kitty said...

I cannot wait...pls let there be a great smorgasbord of non alcoholic treats to have along with the amazing food!! What a great story...Habit rises from the ashes! For everyone that works there, to the designers, to the art, to everything that makes Habit a go-to place on Main street, I wish you many more busy nights to come and appreciation of a truly fab spot!

Pinecone Camp said...

Thanks Kitty!

Hilary Henegar said...

Gorgeous shots! I'd like to post your photos to our blog post about the reopening of Habit, of course with full credit.

Please send me an email to let me know if we have your permission.

Thanks!!

Cheers, Hilary

Pinecone Camp said...

Hey Hilary! Thanks! I'm not having luck with sending you an email, I'll try again. Please do use images!