Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Heart the Kootneys and Ernesto


Just wrapped up a 3 day shoot in the Kootneys.  Have to say, Rossland and Trail were especially photogenic. I got a bit obsessed, actually.  I'm working on a series of B.C. images, so I've attached a few.  

Now, about Ernesto.  I love Ernesto. His lovely wife, Connie, is pretty great too. They have an amazing edible garden. The dynamic duo took Jose and I into their home and showed us everything they do with their bounty. He's a very modest Portuguese man, so I had to beg him to let me take a picture of him with his gala apple tree. We all chatted for a bit using a lot of hand motions, and arm flailing, as we tried to understand what each other was saying. What I did pick up was that he doesn't mind if a passer-by picks an apple, just don't snap off an entire branch. Oh, and he's not too keen on raccoons and bears and he doesn't like "show offs". Or he doesn't want to be a show off.  Something like that.

Chair lift at Red Mountain - Rossland, B.C.

CocaCola is truly everywhere - Trail, B.C.

My new friend, Ernesto and his gala apple tree - Castlegar, B.C.

Jose and her perogie and cabbage roll dinner at Weezie's Borscht Hut - Castlegar, BC
(wish I had this right now)

5 comments:

mise said...

Lucky you to have a job where you zoom creatively around the country. The rest of us are stuck here at our laptops, thinking that if we tweak our Google search ever so slightly we'll find the perfect gloves.

Pinecone Camp said...

Oh honey, I wish that were true! Does not happen like it once did, that's for certain. Most of my job is at the computer, and quite often I'll get side tracked by a jaunt through ebay, or Young and the Restless, to tell you the truth I have recently spent a good part of a day watching a vintage Florida souvenir scarf, on ebay, and got into a vicious bidding "war" with a fellow ebayer. I won, at least.

kate said...

it looks so pretty where you were!
and i want some of that dinner now too.

jan said...

So glad I found your blog! It'll be fun to follow!

koralee said...

So nice to meet you and your lovely blog...I have visited before and so enjoy your lovely images! I am in love with this set...brings back so many memories of that area! Happy weekend where ever you may be with your camera!