Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Annika at Little Mountain

Recently I had a day out with my niece Annika. I told her that I wanted to go and check out some buildings that were boarded up and all the tenants had to move out. Annika was sad that all the kids had to move and leave their "fun slide" and "springy thing".

This site is called the Little Mountain Site and the property is owned by the Province of B.C. Hmmm. Makes me wonder what will happen. This was much needed low income housing. Apparently all the tenants were found accommodation. Must look into that, actually.


7 comments:

Robe said...

OMG, these photos are soooo cute!

Courtney said...

The buildings look so sad all boarded up! The photos are really great though, especially that first one.

pretty far west said...

Good thing you had such a pretty little girl along for the photos or the lonely buildings would make me sad...

janis nicolay said...

It is a sad situation. I hope they work it out soon! thanks for the comments everyone.

kcn said...

...again...great photos! Now you've got me wondering about that property. I thought they were redeveloping it as low income housing. Of course they SAY that...hmmm is right.
kcn

kitty said...

Are these near Queen Elizabeth Park? they look like the ones near there...anyone know? Maybe they are getting ready to build something there for 2010! lol!

Tony said...

I wandered through the empty buildings a couple of weeks ago and it is a sad Ghost Town. It would have been nice to see the residents stay until they were really ready to start construction (or whatever it is they are going to do), the way the Government is in desperate need for money at the moment there is every chance it will end up in private hands.