Friday, September 25, 2009

Observations


It's Friday. I'm very happy about that. I thought I'd post some images I've shot over the last few days. Changed my banner as well. The background is a shot of the top of my Enid Collins purse. Merci to
Rob for helping me out with the layout.

She has an impossibly perfect face

The bike lane just after dawn - my car was parked beside it. I feel shame.

I've come to realize that these face blotters are very helpful on a hot and humid day. Thanks to Walrus. One of the best shops in Vancouver.


Shot from Crab Park in downtown Vancouver, at dawn.

It's the Aussie Rules Grand Final tonight. TSN2 is showing it live. My husband's team, St. Kilda Saints (yeah) are playing against the Geelong Cats (booooo). Please send your best thoughts to the Saints and me because, if they lose, it will be a rough weekend. His team has not won since 1966. Ouch.

16 comments:

kate/tinywarbler said...

good tip on the papers, lord knows i could have used some this summer!
i LOVE the colors in the top photo. so pretty. and yes, fingers crossed for you and st. kilda. (ouch is right!)

Courtney said...

I love your new banner! And your photographs are lovely, especially the one with the bike path. Enjoy your weekend!

koralee said...

I adore your images....I need to hunt down that Walrus shop...and I need to visit Crab park...thanks for the beauty and the new spots to visit! Happy Weekend to you...looks like it is going to be lovely here on the Westcoast!

Sarah said...

Great banner!

Heather Cameron said...

I love that first shot - it's beautiful. I'm going to Walrus this morning - perhaps I'll grab some face blotters!

mise said...

The new banner is great. There's a touch of a Japanese look about it. A missing e, perhaps?

Pinecone Camp said...

Right you are Mise! Thanks for proof reading for me.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! Have a great rest of the weekend. Now, back to my banner....

Jane said...

Sorry about the Saints, I really wanted them to win too... Maybe in another 43 years! xoxox

Claire said...

Lovely images =)

Pinecone Camp said...

Jane, thanks for your comment. My husband was soooo down all weekend. They will have the same team next season, so fingers crossed!!

jan said...

Love your new banner Janis! It does have a Japanese feel to it. And sorry to hear about the Saints...

Robe said...

I think all those sunny Vancouver scenes have been washed away after today's torrential downpour!

belinda said...

hi janis - just saw your comment on the Real Living blog. i'm pretty sure you'd be able to subscribe from canada. go to magshop.com.au and search for RL - you should find an option for international subscribers. the shipping is a killer, but unfort international postage is a joke over here!! good luck!

Pinecone Camp said...

Thanks Belinda. I'm on it! It really is a great mag.

MissBliss said...

ahh, face blotters, it is the little things life, isn't it? from a Miami girl :)

Pinecone Camp said...

Blotters were a must, this summer, in Vancouver. I can only imagine how "in need" they would be in Miami!