Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Chinatown


I suppose it's not really mine, but I do feel a close connection to it.  It's been my favourite spot in Vancouver for as long as I can remember. Every big city seems to have one, but this one is one of the prettiest I've seen.  

It's been pouring rain, movie set style, all day.  The sun popped out so I headed out after a long day of photoshop.  I'm working on a project for a client, that involves Chinatown, so I took a few images to get inspired.  


Ginko tree lined street

Buddhas collected from Chinatowns around the world. I'm still waiting for all the luck they're supposed to shower me with. At least a couple of them glow in the dark.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Those photos are so dreamy! Your Chinatown does look very pretty. Vancouver always seems like a lovely city in general.

Pinecone Camp said...

Merci, Courtney! I love all the action in Chinatown. You can meet such interesting characters too.

kate / tinywarbler said...

oh, the big fella in the middle is my fave. yes, isn't chinatown great? interesting characters and smells too. :)

mise said...

I'd say the luck is being used up by the glowing in the dark, which is why you're not getting the benefit of it.

Pinecone Camp said...

Ahh, so that's it! All the "luck" energy goes into the glow. Thanks Mise!

Torie Jayne said...

Wonderful pics!Your China Town looks great, Have a sweet day! x

Pinecone Camp said...

You have a sweet day too Torie Jayne! Thanks for visiting.

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

Janis,
I just got back from taking a look at your Web site and your photography is beautiful! Esp. those outdoor fireplaces...they are just so pretty.
I'm so flattered that you stopped by my blog. I'm dying to visit Vancouver, so I'll be checking back in on yours :) Love these Chinatown shots.

Pinecone Camp said...

Thank you Victoria! I love your blog, and will be following it.
Hope you do visit Vancouver. It really is pretty, even when it rains;)