Monday, September 20, 2010

Baked on Monday - Blackberry Jam Swirl Cookies


Happy Monday everyone! It's a rainy day, so I'm quite ok with a day of post production (I'm so behind on a couple of deadlines!) and baking and eating these cookies. Here's the very easy recipe...

Blackberry Jam Swirl Cookies - makes about 30 cookies


8oz/250g softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 1/4 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons blackberry jam (or your favourite jam)

In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the vanilla and egg yolk and beat well to blend. Beat in the flour until a smooth dough forms. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm.


Press chilled dough into a small, parchment paper lined, baking sheet (with sides) or you can free form a rectangle measuring about 8x12. My baking sheet is 9"x13", so I cheated a bit. Spread jam evenly on top of dough. Roll dough, carefully, lengthwise. Chill dough, in fridge, for another 45 minutes.



Slice chilled dough roll into 1/4" slices and place on baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in a 350f/180c oven, for 15 minutes or until light golden in colour. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Now, eat one or two. Enjoy!


Have a lovely day! Back again soon.

31 comments:

christine, just bella said...

I love the packaging on that jam!!

We're having some rainy weather in Edmonton too, and some fresh baking sounds so perfect right about now!

Happy Monday!

koralee said...

These made me smile today my friend...off to write this one down...hugs. xoxoxo

m.e (Cathie) said...

they look wonderful!!
perfectly round & the jam looks great poking out from in there.

S and O said...

Yum, those look really good!
However I think I'm going to use blueberry jam--I'm a sucker for blueberry :D
Thanks for sharing

Xoxo
Sarah

c and d said...

ok, is that a cracked egg in the bottom left side? how do you crack your egg so perfectly?!
as beautiful as always...
COME ON HGTV give these girls (you and heather) a SHOW worth watching!

Jenn @ Living Luxe for Less said...

Mmmm, these cookies look so delicious...and easy enough for even me to make! I am definitely going to try this recipe soon!

the southern hostess said...

That's my idea of a perfect afternoon snack.

Razmataz said...

I tried them tonight. They are in the oven. What temp do you bake them at and do you use unsalted butter?

Lady Grey said...

yummy! These look like a lot of fun to eat : )

Angela Furlong said...

Yum, yum, yum, yum, YUM!

Jaclyn said...

so simple yet these look amazing!

lisaroyhandbags said...

These look so easy and pretty! I'm in love with the photos - that pink bowl of cookies on the little checkered-trimmed hot pot holder is adorable! :)

Stacey said...

Oh my, those are so sweet!

Johanna Lindsay said...

Yum.

AbbieBabble said...

Oh, these look so delicious!

Flo said...

Une petite confiture qui vient de chez nous...
Vite aux fourneaux !

Pinecone Camp said...

Yikes! sorry about that Razmataz! I've added the temp and it's unsalted butter. Hope the cookies turned out.
LisaRoy, they are easy - give them a whirl!
C and D, yup, that is an egg. HGTV, huh? Hmmm. ;)

LAURA!!! said...

I think I've died and gone to bloggy heaven. Your blog is so yummy! your images, your baked goods... love!
thanks for stopping by mine! xoxo

Jen said...

Blackberry jam + cookies = Yummy for my tummy!

Jenn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :). These cookies look amazing and your photos are beautiful. Definitely bookmarking this recipe.

The Zhush said...

OH! MY! {you are good!}

Missing Goat said...

one day, you will run out of pretty bowls and fabrics..won't you? I'm terribly jealous. Those look like what I need right now.

Fräulein Klein said...

Your photos are so beautiful!
And the cookies looks so tasty!!!!!!!
I have to translate your recipe!!!!
Have a great wednesday,
Yvonne

Pinecone Camp said...

Ms. Missing Goat, I will never run out of bowls and pretty fabrics...it's my life! Maybe I'll share some cookies with you, my friend.

BALLET NEWS said...

oh, please can I have some ? I am hopeless and baking though I will try.....

latisha said...

wow. those photographs are amazing. and the cookies look pretty yummy too!

jan said...

Wow! You are really impressing me!

Christine E-E said...

I'm in your BYW e-course... taking time to look around at different blogs.
Yours is fabulous by the way... can this cookie recipe be doubled? or should I (sounds like I'm getting ready to get my mixing bowls out at this moment - actually, they look so good, I just might) make two separate batches of cookie dough?
from a cookie recipe "collector"

Lisa said...

These look sooooo good! Great photos and I like the "Baked on Monday" idea. What a way to start the week!

Visiting you from BYW...

Lisa

Truly Smitten said...

YUM!!! gotta give this a try!

Kitty M said...

I have got to try these Janis - beautiful styling too my friend x