Wednesday, September 29, 2010

IdsWest Media Lounge - sneak peek


Hi Everyone! Thought I'd share a sneak peek of the media lounge for the IDSwest show with you. The show takes place October 14th to 17th, here in Vancouver. There's a great variety of guest speakers including Sarah Richardson and Karim Rashid.

The fabulous team of Peter Wilds and Joanna Howard, designers at The Cross, created both the media lounge for the show as well as The Cross' own booth. Both are a big departure from what they did last year. Huge. I'm not a real girly girl, so this year's media lounge suits me just fine.

Patchwork seems to be the theme for The Cross' booth at the IDSwest show this year.

The Cross is now carrying the line of Timorous Beasties wallpaper, and are the only shop in Vancouver that does. Pretty cool. These are all snippets of what will be on view in the media lounge.

From what Peter and Joanna have told me, there will be lots of custom designed furniture for the media lounge. The colours will be purples, greens, gold, and black. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

If you're in the Vancouver area, definitely give the IDSwest show a look around. It's getting better every year.

Bye for now!

15 comments:

Ingrid in Bj! said...

I wish I lived nearer so I could go too, looks like a fabulous place for inspiration.
Love the patchwork effect for the walls and the tartan covered armchair.
Ingrid
(BYW)

Kerry said...

That's fabulous patchwork...love the modern take. And now I'm going to see if that wallpaper is available in Australia...I have just the wall!!

shellie said...

looks fantastic! have fun....wish i could go but im down here in california!

Where My Heart Is said...

Wish I was in the Vancouver area!
BTW love your cooking column too.

Carole said...

Hi Janis, thanks for popping over to DD. Isn't the course great?
I love trade shows (you may have guessed!)and I'm glad to see that Timorous Beasties is there. One of my favorites.

Charlie said...

Hi Janis
Love the patchwork booth especially the irregular pieces. Love your rose in a cup photo on your Etsy site it is very beautiful. I'd love to visit Vancouver one day and the rest of Canada too. Maybe one day !

lisaroyhandbags said...

Thanks for the sneak peek! Wish I could go - I've gone to the IDS in Toronto a few times and it definitely gets your creative juices flowing! Sarah Richardson is one of my faves - her style is so down-to-earth and never gets stale - she'd be a great guest speaker. Love the patchwork! :)

sarah, flourish design + style said...

That would be brilliant to visit! x

jan said...

Nice shots Janis! : ) And a great sneak peek! Looking forward to the show!

Vintage Home said...

WOW!

'odd and old' Linda Dacey said...

Have had a thing for patchwork for as long as I can remember; wish I had the patience to make a Grandma style quilt. Lovely imagery...

Geneve Hoffman said...

Those design modules are fantastic...sounds like this show is not to be missed. Too bad I live in Maine...

ps...I linked in from BYW, but I have seen and admired your work on Etsy for quite some time! small blogging world! Geneve

Leah said...

This looks incredible! Can't wait to see more!

Luvs!

by aisling jewellery designs said...

thanks for entering my sail boat necklace competition, i will put into the draw, happy friday xoxo

lauren carney said...

goodness!
that is one mighty blog!
totally. impressed!