Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday, I'm happy to see you

I shot with a fantastic new designer, Sami Wall, today, and she was offering up watermelon as a snack. Now I can't stop thinking about it. So refreshing. This weekend, I may make some kind of a boozy watermelon slurpy this weekend ;) 

I may also have to make some kind of pastry this weekend with my new, pretty, pastry cutter from the talented dad and daughter duo of Herriott Grace. If you haven't heard of them, you have to check out their shop. I absolutely love all of their pieces. 

Have a lovely summery weekend! Back soon.
janis

10 comments:

mel said...

Have you ever done the booze-soaked watermelon? Cube it up, put it back in the shell or a bowl, douse with vodka or rum, let sit in the fridge.
Keep away from children, haha.

PinkPanthress said...

Ha... we had a huge Watermelon, too, on Friday. Must be a Friday-Summer-Thingy... ;)

Ooh, and that cutter looks so lovely! I first mistook it for something you use for honey... weird.

Perfect weekend for you, too!

Lady Grey said...

Oh that looks so good! I recently had an incredibly delicious watermelon salad with honey and lavender flowers... it was AMAZING!
xo

Edins House said...

I equate watermelon with sunny days; the 2 go so wonderfully together! Maybe sunshine will follow if we make a new ritual of eating watermelon every Friday!! And Saturday. Maybe Sunday too. Heck... make it a daily ritual!! :-)
Victoria

elisa rathje said...

i daresay i'm looking more at coffee with liqueur than at watermelon, on this soggy weekend. will vancouver actually dissolve?

and now i am coveting your pastry cutter. hg is so lovely. xx

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

oooh i love H&G pieces, havent been for ages - so thanks for the reminder!

oh that watermelon is not helping my summer lovesick state at all. Not one text or postcard all month long. I think summer has officially dumped me!

enjoy yours though darl xxx

Nathalie Van Volsom said...

Bon weekends.....
XOXO
nathalie

JohannaK said...

So lovely pictures!! So lovely blog!! <3

Laura-Bear said...

Oh wow. I'd never heard of Herriott Grace. Thanks! (I have a little too much of a watermelon slushyyummy cocktail last night... I recommend it.. just not too much of it! ;) )

nikole said...

Hooray and thanks Janis! (ps: love the beach shots over at poppytalk!)