Thursday, July 14, 2011

A "Pure" Designer


Hope you're all having a good week so far. It's gone by so fast, or is it just me?

Thought I'd share a recent shoot with you. I shot the lovely Ami Mckay, of Pure Design, for Chatelaine Magazine  in this month's issue. I've had the pleasure of working with her a number of times, and it's always heaps of fun. Ami's a talented furniture designer and interior designer, and she's just about to launch her organic bedding line for Bed Bath and Beyond. Exciting times! Read more about her here.


A little look into what inspires her. She's a nature girl all the way. 

A sample of some of her new soft furnishings. 

The beautiful view from her studio. Lucky girl. 

If you recognize Ami, she was on an HGTV show with the lovely Erin Cebula, of ET Canada, a few years back. Multi-talented girl.

On a final note for today, I did a post over at one of my favourite blogs, Poppytalk, about a couple more very talented women. Girls clearly rule this week. ;) Here's a peek...


Back soon!
janis

13 comments:

Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage said...

What beautiful images! I can reach out to touch that cat almost...
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
June giveaway

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

it's not just you Janis, the week has been flying by for me too. this is something i'm happy about b/c tomorrow's Friday, fuhhh-inally!

i love the shoot you did, Ami is a doll and her work space is a dream. especially little orange elephant! i'm dying to discover new bedding, gonna check that out too, thanks! girls most certainly rule and you're one of them! ♥

elisa rathje said...

looks like an amazing place to have a studio, great light. and your poppytalk post is sweet, the pictures look amazing. x

Callie Grayson said...

What a fun photo shoot!
love her work.
This week has been strange, I feel really behind because it is flying by and i have way too much to do but I am enjoying it. (i love to be really busy!)
I just wish time would slow down
xx
callie

jessica said...

lovely photos! her work space is amazing... i love the view!! can't wait to check out poppytalk!

ThisTinder said...

Wow, amaaazing photos...that studio view one is beyond words! Your work looks soo fun!

MissBliss said...

Hi, Janis,

What a great shoot.

Love the one with the contrast of the trees and the blue in her dress, and her lovely smile :).

Will check out the poppytalk post.

Enjoy the weekend!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Great shoot! what a lovely place for a studio! I can't wait to check out this issue (thanks to Zinio and their digital version!) :)

dreams on 34th street said...

Janis...
I received your package yesterday!
I LOVE the fabric you chose and the
brilliance inside the envelope!
I am so glad that Lisa inroduced me to you!

I look forward to visiting Poppytalk, and checking out Chatelaine and Bed,Bath and Beyond!
~Lynne

PinkPanthress said...

I am gorgeous, ain't I?
You write I shot the lovely Ami...
My eyebrows perk up and all I can think of is shot???wtf?

No wonder she's so industrious! With that view from her Studio & this cute elephant holding her pens! ^_^

Really love the images & all those links..

Laura-Bear said...

wowo what an inspiring gal! And, as always, your photography is drop dead amazing.

kate / tinywarbler said...

girls do clearly rule!! i love that last shot janis, very relaxed and summery (not at all like the summer here thus far...)
ami has an amazing view!

Anonymous said...

Lovely chairs and lovely pictures!!'x kcn