Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Observations

I hope you've all had nice weekends, where ever you may be!  We had a lovely day, and I wish it was Sunday again tomorrow. Here are a few things I observed today...

This happy tin camper of happiness, happens to be sitting beside our house right now. I read about "Tin Can Studio" in issue 6 of Uppercase magazine (a fabulous Canadian publication). Recently Tin Can hosted a fantastic dinner, serving local organic foods harvested just hours before. Must check it out next time! Such a great idea. For more info click here



Pronto is a new restaurant located in my neighbourhood, near city hall. If you find yourself in the area, you should definitely check it out. One of those places that I could live in! Love the wood panelling, mosaic tile, and the soft green paint colours. Food is great, staff is lovely, and they're licensed too. ;) While you're on Cambie Street, be sure to check out Walrus, Shop Cocoon and Benton Brothers Fine Cheese as well!

I picked up a perfect prop from Land, here in Vancouver. Looking forward to using it, along with the tablecloth/blanket, from Birch and Bird, for a shoot with Gallant & Jones tomorrow!

That's what I got up to today. What did you do? I always love to know!

Back soon.
janis

7 comments:

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

Love all of your finds...an Airstream is permanently on our family wish list! Pronto looks pretty great too! Can't wait to see your latest shoot...love Gallant & Jones :)

Vintage Home said...

...you see all the koolest stuff!

Rachel Anastasia said...

The Tin Can is on my bike route to work. The bunting in the little window always makes me smile!

elisa rathje said...

i'll have to go to these places!

your wonderful prop looks very much like traditional finnish birch bark baskets!

we spent the weekend on the island in my old childhood haunts, my grandmother's house, and got a lot of sunshine. i got to do lots of beachcombing, i've been wanting to have a collection of the distinctive shells and pebbles from those beaches to help me feel connected when i'm far away in sussex.

came home in time to hang out with you!

xx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Pronto looks great fun. I need to get there, well, pronto!

lisaroyhandbags said...

Tin Can looks so cool! Actually, you always come across the coolest places in your neighbourhood! Love your new basket :)

PinkPanthress said...

Seems like you had a gorgeous & refreshing weekend.. :)
Hope you had a great start into the new week, too!